Want to know what a new trucker makes?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    Update on pay for anyone interested. I was just checking online the payroll for Tuesday and did a quick calculation. My goal for the year (jan to Jan) is $40,000. I believe that a person should set realistic goals and try to attain them. I also am not saying that 40K is outstanding but it is where I need to be to at least live my life and break even. So I believe there have been 23 checks so far this year and I am grossed at $18,284.66 so devide that and it is an average check of $794.98 and times 52 for a whole year projects to $41,339.23. That is the facts so far....you can do what you want with that info...just sayin'

scottied67 and Rattlebunny Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Heirforce1

Heirforce1 Medium Load Member

May 16, 2011
    The Windy City
    As long as the goals continue to be realistic for you then that's the only thing that matters. Alot of times you'll have guys dog you for what your pay is however they fail to tell you they have many yrs in the game and have a higher rate or they work on % of load and know what load pays what. Since you're close to a yr maybe you might wanna consider crossing over to flatbed. For me whenever I drove my lowest week was in the mid 700's and I can do $40k in a yr with my eyes closed. Keep up the good work and remember to maximize your time and the cash will continue to flow!!!!

4. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    Woohoo I made $1050 this week! Most of my checks now are around $800 to $900

Rotten, scottied67 and Fancymcberry Thank this.
  5. iamthewife

iamthewife Bobtail Member

May 17, 2011
    Arizona
    are you flatbed or van?

6. Svoray

Svoray Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Texas
    My current first driving job is earning me 1499.00 -2200.00 (take home) bi-weekly hauling Diesel. That is some where around 36-45k depending on my hours.

Anyhow, my goal is 75k before the end of the year hauling Crude oil, hopefully starting in the next couple of months. I'm just waiting until I get 6 months hazmat/tanker experience before re-applying. This is a very realistic and very obtainable goal in my area. In fact, I was offered the job but only after I started hauling diesel. It just didn't seem like a good idea at the time to quit my first driving job the first week.

7. AZS

AZS Honk if anything falls off

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX, AZ
    That's like 3500-3200 miles a week, good luck keeping that pace. lol

halfburn Thanks this.
  8. Dave75

Dave75 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Florence, MS

Cool. I'll be happy if I'm able to just make 25k a year. Will be better then what I'm making now

9. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Tank experience is a good thing. Especially in Tejas. I was asked about Swift from a 5 month punkin tanker driver. He was from Houston. I told him get 6 months to a year and get a local job!

It is surprising you got one right off the bat! It is your location and a big need for tanker yankers. Supply and demand!

10. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    being happy at your job has to be worth at least 10cpm i would think--i have learned that i will never be rich--but as long as i am happy and make a decent living--really cant ask for more in this job---chasing down jobs just for the big bucks isnt for me---sure dont want to drive at a looney bin just to get 50cpm

misterG and halfburn Thank this.
  11. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN

123456 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.