wanting input- the PREVENTABLE 'incident' letter

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Qbf594, Oct 20, 2019.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Is that the lowes that sits just off the BQE ? Near the brooklyn navy yard ?
    If so please PM me your personal address so I can send my letter of recommendation for having the stones to go there .
    You obviously drive for losers and deserve much better !

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. local439

local439 Bobtail Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Brentwood , Ca
    Lots of decent local work like dump, refuse or food service that would give you a shot and don’t even use DAC, that’s only for crap OTR companies right?

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Amen.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There was a barrier in Springfield ILL over a bridge. A tad smaller than me.

I made it work. But it #### near tore off my ICC Bumper. Pulled it back about 4 feet. If it was any taller it would have taken the corner and the two pallets stacked there off and over. Glass Jar Cider by the gallon. The people down below would sure appreciate that stuff falling on their heads.

Nothing more was said about that trailer once i got rid of it after finding a 4 foot oak tree to slam it against backwards. Bent it back somewhat into shape. Keyword shape.

ChevyCam and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. allisonisatranny

allisonisatranny Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    It's a scum bag company, with scum bag irrational superiors working over you. I hope they go out of business. They did you a favor, find yourself a better company. It may be a little more difficult since you were terminated, even if you work for Swift, I can tell you they are better than that orange carrier you were working for.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You're going to lose tires. That's the nature of the beast.

How many, however, will be up to you. Don't make a daily habit out of it. Most can be avoided.

For those that can't. Try to drive over instead of rubbing alongside.

And don't work for megas anymore.

Sometimes the boss will B and moan. But reality is. SH** happens. They know that and they won't fire you over it.

8. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    Not all Megas are like that. Been with jbhunt for 6 years and you can turn anything in for repairs and there are no questions asked.

Even little incidents like yours are no big deal.
    JB Hunt does not want to lose the driver's they invest a lot of money in over dumb stuff.

BR-549 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    crap happens all the time to tires..road hazards mostly, out of YOUR CONTROL.

as long as you did not CURB that tire, and slice it or cause it to blow out, in the future DO NOT report that you "took out" a chuck of the tread. that's always subjected in driving on rough roads.

move onto another company, any applications you fill out, you very well may have to inform the new employer especially when asked, why were you fired.

you "may" get read the riot act at the interview about doing that with thier equipment, but i doubt that will hinder you from a new job

if you have pictures, keep them to show the new employer if they ask.

i think you'll do fine..just do not report something like this again, get out and look at ALL TIMES.

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Hey op, just move on. This is bs with some of these companies and many many companies e a crap what is on your dac report, they know the game that many companies play.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  11. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Dang extension ladder in the road boss.. We're lucky it didnt go through the tanks or oil pan. Phew.

snowwy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.