Wanting to come clean

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by goldcoconut, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I tend to have the other opinion, based on my experiences with DOD Security Clearance experience. I had a TS/SBI which is the highest security clearance they have and included FBI agents going to my hometown talking with my teachers from high school, several of my friends parents and my previous employers. This was only a couple of years after high school, so those folks were relevant.
    Anyway, had I not been honest, even though a couple of things weren't quite kosher (pot smoking and lots of getting drunk), I would not have gotten my clearance. By coming clean, in that situation, it meant no one had anything on me they could extort me with. That was kind of the principle involved with that as it was explained to me when granting me my clearance.
    I'd go get a second physical, honestly, and just claim forgetfulness about the missing info on the 1st clearance. If you do this BEFORE it becomes a possible issue, you have shown you tried to make things right because it was the right thing to do. If you continue to hid this and it becomes an issue, it looks like your intent was to be fraudulent and that usually doesn't turn out well.
    That's just my 2 cents and why. Chances are none of this will probably amount to a hill of beans. But, if it does, where do you want to be standing?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Back in 1975 when I enlisted in the USAF I also had to go through getting a security clearance. I never really heard who done it. I also never really understood why my job required it. The closest I came to seeing why was I was privy to some schedules in relation to my job, but honestly, this was not really anything more but classified confidential. I did however speak to a retired FBI agent that was at one time an ASAC about this process. They said the minor stuff was not as important to them as the honesty about revealing it was. So in this, you and I are in 100% agreement.

Because the OP has not stated what these issues are only that they are not disqualifying I can't say one way or another because what constitutes disqualifying and what is not in a lot of situations is up to the ME that does the physical.

I tend to also get a bit cynical when either a new member or an old member in a new persona makes a first post that is on the subject of a physical OR drug testing. I still think the advice to leave the sleeping dog alone was the best. However, this entire issue most likely is academic because a lot of carriers want a new physical during orientation. Again it's difficult to give advice about this until the OP is more forthcoming about their medical issues!

4. Team818

Team818 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2019
    I thought drivers need to get hired soon after getting a brand new CDL A? Oh that's right its only been a month. Ok, Good luck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.