wanting to get back into trucking

Discussion in 'Drivers Looking for a Team Driver' started by yellorose, Apr 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. car7r

car7r Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Hi yellorose are you still looking?

lane397 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. yellorose

yellorose Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2020
    Hi, maybe. I'm looking at a solo driver now I might be able to come back without help I just haven't driven for a few years most companies want drivers right out of driving school Once I get 3 weeks recent I'm good to go Crazy huh ? I have a million safe miles or more and having a hard time getting a job .

interstate872 Thanks this.
  4. interstate872

interstate872 Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Are u still looking?

5. interstate872

interstate872 Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2020
    Are you with a company yet?

6. car7r

car7r Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2017
    But if you feel you need some training or refreshing prior to getting back out there then make sure you get it. Nothing wrong with needing some help to get back in the saddle. And get that help from a trainer. Don’t let anyone push you to “just start driving”. Keep those million miles safe!

7. supertrucker79

supertrucker79 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I went through the same thing. I left the industry after 6 years and was out for about 5. When I decided to come back it was like starting all over again, despite having 6 years prior with dry, reefer, flatbed and over weight permitted dump trailer coal/ash hauling experience. I had to start at the bottom like a rookie at a bottom feeder company then went to my current employer 6 months later. Now I’m close to 2 years in again and getting setup for hazmat to run local tank work or water runs. Haven’t decided which pays more or fits a home daily scheme best.

8. ASmiley

ASmiley Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2020
    I'm Smiley I currently work for Fenix in IL. I live in Nashville, TN and need a partner with 2+ years of experience to team with me. I'm a non smoking black woman with 1 1/2 experience driving a dry van.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.