Ward Truck Load Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by fluffy88, Jan 24, 2009.

1. cinjays

cinjays Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Lorain, Ohio
    Excuse me. The brakes where ok. The spider gears where bad not the brakes and that was what we found out. They had to take every tire, brakes, brake drums, on every axle off to find it. That spider gear was worn out and it was hitting against the drum and brakes. In case you don't know what a spider gear is it holds up the brakes securely and the bad one was worn out and loose. And yes I stood up to her and everyone else in that office. Needless to say I'm no unemployed for that reason and another. This company has been under the gun from the feds. Inwhich if I known I would had would never worked for them. I thought it was a good company. It was yrs ago.
    :biggrin_25511::biggrin_25515:

slabrunner Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whtlinefvr

whtlinefvr Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2007
    PA
    you've got that right! they are horrible. i was there for two weeks and went back to former employer. i thanked them for wasting my time.
    I was hauling groceries into NJ to shop rite. what a joke! as for the directions, you're right on the mark. i'd call in for directions after a 20 hour day for my next day deliveries and they said they'd "hook me up". yeah they hooked me up alright, with ppl in the office at shop rite to give me my directions. think about it, that's asking for all kinds of havoc. way to stressful. worst job i've ever had! feel'n your pain bro!

4. whtlinefvr

whtlinefvr Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2007
    PA
    yep they are a joke. worked for them two weeks hauling groceries into nj. had to call the crocery store offices to get directions from ppl who couldn't care less about low underpasses, ect. horrible!

5. slabrunner

slabrunner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    Well, Cinjays, hope you find a better gig. Too bad this industry has so many incompetent managers. The better firms are difficult to get aboard with because they're hiring experienced drivers w/ good records and living in the right location for their (the carrier's) needs. I'm out here in W MI but grew up in Cleveland (Euclid) till I was 15 & Cleve was my birthplace. My uncle John lives in Avon Park. It seems like Lorain might not be a bad spot for hiring considering the many lanes that pass E to W.

6. cinjays

cinjays Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Lorain, Ohio
    Let me explain things to you. I've been driving now for 21 yrs and I've seen alot of stupid things in these companies. Yes, I was one of those drivers that will drive illegal my first 5 yrs driving. I got threatened and harrassed by my former employers. And it was because I was new in trucking and I thought I better try to keep my job. Needless to say I got into an accident within my first yr driving. Hit patch of black ice and flipped the truck over on to the bridge. The truck was cab was half way over the bridge and I held on to the steering wheel thats what save my life. I walked away with bruises and that was in Buyrus,Oh on 03/19/1990. After I got the ok to go back to work my employer Vantage Transport (out of business in 1991) in Versailes,Oh let me go. I couldn't find good work with a company for 3yrs only O/O's. Got that learning expertence from no pay, when I got paid checks bounced, over drawn my checking account and had to use up all my savings to cover the fees. Then the equipment was about the same as Wards was. NOT MAINTAINED.

7. cinjays

cinjays Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Lorain, Ohio
    Well stabrunner, Its Avon Lake,Oh or Avon,Oh. Never heard of Avon Park!! There is Brookpark by the airport, And Fairview Park by North Olmsted. I grew up in Elyria, graduated fron Elyria West High (was 1st graduating class) and now live in Sheffield Twsp ( South Lorain). Lived here almost all my life. Oh I get calls for jobs but that Ward put things on my DAC report and I'm now trying to get them to correct it as of 2 days ago. Yes, these companies think they can try to control us by threatening us and writing us up for idling our trucks to keep cool or warm, out of route when they don't give u the routing. How about giving u 2 days off for breaking a bolt on a trlr that just came out of the shop for maintain and they didn't grease the dollies and it put so much pressure on the bolt it broke. According to federal regulations on lubrication it states its suppose to be working properly and safely. Inwhich it wasn't if the bolt broke. They should be glad no one broke their back or broke an arm, or worst have a heart attack because it was like cranking 50,000 lbs up and down on an empty trlr. Do they care u know the answer to that "NO'.

8. slabrunner

slabrunner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    Yeah, you're right, my uncle John lives on Bay Hill Drive in Avon Lake, OH. Hope you have better situation coming up. Recently the scammers and abusers of labor have been ruling the day and that's true everywhere. I worked in Grand Rapids till recently and am currently looking for another opportunity. I'll be a lot pickier this time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.