Warning...DO NOT lease with PRIME

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by IRoll, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRoll

IRoll Bobtail Member

Jun 13, 2011
    ****My post was removed because I am a previously banned member****

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Sorry, driver, but you should have signed the "Puppy Dogs and Rainbows" lease. That's the one where you never get screwed by the company, you always get home time when you ask for it, you never get short miles/low rate loads, there's no inflated lease payment, you can turn down any load you like and there's no repercussions, they never park you for spite, etc. I know it exists because of all the wide-eyed noobs (deer-in-the-headlight?) that rave about how they're going to get rich and they never have to worry about leasing from the same company that controls their freight. Those problems will never happen to them. Sigh... if only you had asked for the Puppy Dogs and Rainbows lease like these other drivers do.

/

Seriously, sorry to hear that. Are you going to recover financially?

4. BlackCat

BlackCat Light Load Member

May 25, 2007
    Texas
    WARNING DO NOT LEASE WITH ANY COMPANY!!!

Enough said, mods, please close this thread.

southeastdriver Thanks this.
  5. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    That's not true ... They call Prime - Crime for a reason

A true version to your statement would be

Warning : Never FLEASE ... From the hand which feeds you

6. Big_Al

Big_Al Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Out of my mind
    It amazes me how 10 minutes of research would warn anyone to stay away from a Prime fleece/purchase, yet they keep lining 'em up. A good driver who does a little research can land a job paying $60,000 a year. Unless you are gonna clear $ 100,000 AFTER ALL expenses, operating a truck (fleece/purchase or even true owner/op) is not worth the hassle.

If your gonna go O/O, BUY YOUR OWN TRUCK, through a real bank. Then lease it on someplace like Landstar or Hot Shot. Or if you know what you're doing, get your own authority.

7. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    I'm not sure everybody understands how the program works.

They THINK they know, so they sign on.

It's pretty much explained in black and white, and if you sign on anyway,

Who's Fault Is That ?????

8. Gears

Gears Trucker Forum STAFF - Gone, But Not Forgotten.

Aug 20, 2009
    I've read where there are some Lease Ops that are doing well, but they seem to be the exception and not the rule. I think the capital rule regarding leasing is never lease from a company that also has company drivers. The list goes on from there.

Despite reading all the warnings folks have been posting here forever, guys get taken in by the flashy dog-n-pony show that these companies put on in order to sign lease operators.

BigJohn54 and Mastertech Thank this.
  9. Mortar Man

Mortar Man Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2008
    Iron - before you start on here blasting how great prime is

1. You stay out forever you've stated that before

2. You've had issues you stated that also

So just so were clear on this before hand these are people's opinions so don't tell them how they can't run a truck correct etc

10. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    It depends a lot on who you have for a fleet manager. Some of them can't chew gum and push a mouse at the same time. I've turned down some loads, but haven't had a problem with subsequent loads being sub-par. If you have a control freak for an FM, you're going to have problems with this.

As far as home time is concerned, you can take as much as you can afford, but the fixed costs are always there. If your entire settlement is going into bills its hard to build up enough cash to deal with the fixed costs when you're not running.

Fleece? I'd say its more a problem with drivers thinking that their "company driver mentality" is going to serve them when the situation requires them to be a businessman. Chasing miles like a company driver doesn't get you a larger settlement - just higher costs.

11. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    My question is... other than arrogance, what gives you the reasoning to tell the mods to close someone else's thread?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.