WARNING! This will probably make you angry. Parking Boot Extortion

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TheLoadOut, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RubyEagle

RubyEagle Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Park right by the docks. In between receiving hours 4am-12pm IIRC is best. Put flashers on and go get your groceries and supplies and head out.

alds and loudtom Thank this.
  4. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    During national emergencies Fema has agreements with certain companies to use their parking lots as safe havens. Homer Depot is one of them. Parking ordinances are null and void during those times at those locations. What got these tow outfits busted was cherry picking from those safe havens. When you read some of the stories you see that they f’d with some Fema contracted company trucks and o/o’s. Two of them I know of are out of Houston. Thats a no no.
    We run plenty of supplies and rescue cattle around Tx Coast during hurricanes. We can park and drive unmolested at many places you normally can’t during those times.

5. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    He can get it did.

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  6. Windyhillranch

Windyhillranch Bobtail Member

May 15, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    SWEET!

7. Windyhillranch

Windyhillranch Bobtail Member

May 15, 2020
    Pennsylvania
    I'm not a lawyer but this doesn't sound legal. It's extortion, kidnapping maybe? If hire a good lawyer and nail there ##### if possible. I'm not sure what I'd have done at that time but there's not much they could do to stop me from doing anything I wanted. I probably would have went and bought a grinder and removed the boot

Lite bug Thanks this.
  8. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Kidnapping? Where do drivers come up with this stuff? Dont park where you're not supposed to. It's not to hard to figure out.

ZVar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.