WARNING: USHIP has huge brokerage fees (hidden)

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by greenllll, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Sokowa1

Sokowa1 Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2017

Sounds like you guys are barking up the wrong tree, you should be angry with the government regulations making things more expensive for you. Licenses and insurance don't guarantee safety, but they do make middlemen and bureaucrats money at your expense and make everything cost more. People should have the option to choose their level if service. I personally don't care what licensing you have or insurance. Reputation and word of mouth means more to me, as i know licenses are essentially there to keep competition out. There are bad licensed people, too <shrug> Life is full of risks.

2. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Don't care what insurance or licenses someone has? I see what you mean " Life is full of risks "

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    If a uninsured motorist ever hits you , tell them it's ok I don't care.

4. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    What I haven't noticed anyone say yet or maybe they have don't feel like reading through 28 pages about scabs who think they are truckers, anyway a lot of Power Brokers and Carriers like Montway, Road Runner and other licensed brokers go on there bid extremely low because they can, then re-broker it to a legit carrier for even less. So in part these legal brokers are turning cheap freight into even cheaper freight plus their cut of the action. No legit O/O can survive in this industry on .50 CPM it's not possible unless of course your a scab flat towing half together cars from auctions and you don't have the $1M required liability insurance plus the $150-$250 K Cargo insurance required, oh and lets not forget the cost of registration for the truck and trailer, the cost of fuel, the HOS regs, the Level 1 inspections, pulling into scales, delays at shippers/receivers, lets see what else, oh yeah RUNNING LEGIT. What boggles my mind is how anyone would trust someone with their property to a guy pulling up in a two tone painted truck put together from other trucks, wearing bermuda shorts, flip flops and not a lick of cargo insurance to cover the loss when one of these guys wrecks their stuff. But hey what does that matter lets just all be happy these guys are doing what they love we should thank them sit around a camp fire roast marshmellows singing kum-bi-ya right. Scabs are the reason legit carriers are so regulated, why our insurance is so high, and why the mega carriers are gonna push us out because they are hauling for a lot less than what we have to make to survive, and brokers know they dont have to pay what we need because they will always find a scab to run for 20CPM. That's my rant, if you don't like it, IDGAF I am legit, I work hard at being a professional, and for someone to come here and say "so what their doing what they love" is bull #### and shouldnt even be in these forums, So go ahead comment all you want, I wont be following this thread it's nonsense just remember your scabs and thats all you will ever be.

DrDieselUSA, Lite bug and Anj Thank this.
  5. Anj

Anj Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2016
    Dead on.

6. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    Ya know I don't come on here to put people down, or be nasty to others, I try to answer questions and share my experience with starting and running my business. But I have issue with guys who think it's OK to not follow the regs and the law. I get it some guys have been doing this for a long time and don't really like the government butting their nose in our business, but the fact is their gonna do it no matter what we say or do, that's just the way it is. When you sign up for this industry you know it already, nobody can say they have no idea what to expect. Every topic from insurance to brokers and rates, regs, and DOT has been talked about here numerous times. So being ignorant to the rules and the law is no excuse. For guys to come on here and say we are fools because we allow the govt. to run our lives is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. What they don't realize is their the main reason why the govt. puts the amount of regs on us in the first place, yeah I know there is big corporate money involved too, but the DOT Officers at the scales aren't getting a cut of the action, they enforce and sometimes go the extra distance to inspect legit carriers because of scabs who think bucking the law is "cool". So when they bit## and complain about the cost of insurance and everything else that is part of the biz they only have themselves to blame for it. I run 100% Legal and IDC if you want to call me a fool, or a pus## for it, I've invested well over $100K into my business and there is no way I'm gonna throw that money away because some scab calls me a fool because I don;t run scales, or I do everything legit. I've been in biz for 2 years and I still make a profit every week, running like I'm supposed to even with all the rules and regs, but when guys take loads for 20 or 30 CPM because their costs are practically nothing, they are making it harder for us the legal carriers to compete with the mega carriers. Basically were getting squeezed by the scabs and the megas and it's just not right. Not right at all.

DrDieselUSA and Lite bug Thank this.
  7. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Well he is saying using him is a risk, and using USHIP is a risk ( we all know that ) some people ain't got no raising. He will get caught by someone ( DOT, IRS ) pay a fine. The question is which cost of doing business is higher. I met a guy on the road. He had his family with him in the truck, wife two kids. Was trying to haul a tow hitch toy hauler. The kind they pull behind those buses. He had a f350 6.0 I got to talking to him and he said after tours overseas, he had trouble holding job ( because he could not sleep ) and trying to make a living doing USHIP. I told him he could make a living doing this, but doing legal was the way to go. I followed him back to Lawrence Ks. to take the toy hauler back ( he could not get to 55 because of the weight and it pushing him around ) Now the other side of the story the guy he was shipping for said he was not surprised to see him bring it back. Of course he was very well off and had several toys. He wanted it shipped to Phoenix. What a long way and plenty of opportunities for misfortune. I latter realized had I got a load and not been stuck for the weekend I would have never met him and he trying to go that far well you get the picture.

DrDieselUSA, Ryan S2016 and Anj Thank this.
  8. AirTruck

AirTruck Bobtail Member

Oct 30, 2019
    I just had to absorb a 39% "booking fee" for a shipment. Charged $775.00 uship added $300.00!!!!

9. Lite bug

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    Good for them!! Use them at your own peril. Maybe your post will help someone else. Maybe if no one uses them they will go out of business. They are not brokers and you have no recourse.

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.