Warnings on your CSA score

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Rigbuilder, May 13, 2014.

1. Rigbuilder

Rigbuilder Medium Load Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Bedford, Texas
    I have a pretty basic question. Do warnings go on your CSA score? I've heard conflicting reports. I was on a highway that I was not supposed to be on for a few miles and received a warning for "disregard official traffic control device". He let me go with a warning because I'd never been in that part of Texas before. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Did you get an inspection?

4. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I had a CSA warning a while back.Weight was off at the dot scale, officer let me slide the tandems to correct it.
    Then he wrote me up, he stated it would be recorded on my CSA report yet not go against my score.So it amounted to a pointless violation.
    I looked it up online and he was correct.
    He also stated they do it this way in order to see if trends are developing in driving habits.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    tickets go on Mar if it's a moving violation. otherwise. it's just a ticket.

inspections go on csa. no such thing as a warning.

6. GR8

GR8 Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Oregon
    https://csa.fmcsa.dot.gov/Documents/JusttheFacts.pdf

This is a fact sheet link that may answer some questions. You the Driver do not technically have a score card. You develop a list of violations essentially that show up in the pre employment screening program (PSP). Who ever you drive for gets a points score based on your inspections and violations.

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  7. TankerYankr

TankerYankr Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Central US
    Finally somebody "gets it".

Good job!

chalupa and GR8 Thank this.
  8. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    warning tickets written on the inspection form do go against the driver and the company.... have actually had it happen. and yes the warning shows on the PSP.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    never had a warning. it's either fix it. ( OOS OR NON OOS) traffic citation. or nothing.

now, i've had warning citations. and those showed nowhere.

10. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    YES THEY DO. Got a warning at inspection near Gonzalez . Turn signal on tractor out since morning inspection. And did not total log hours a few days before. All down there but did not write 24 at bottom of column. Got 3 points on CSA. Only points I have. Our company triples them 1st yr. So I have 9 until June. Then they will drop to double 2nd yr. 6 points. 3rd yr actual. 3 points. Then they are gone. Don't ;listen to Leo when he tells you it won't go on record. All inspections are reported whether ticket or OOService is given or not. Good reason to do a real pre/post/in route inspection.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
    TLeaHeart Thanks this.
  11. Hardlyevr

Hardlyevr Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Mapleton Depot,PA
    Any time you have an inspection, and they give you a warning on that inspection, you get CSA points.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.