Wary of TQL

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Doing_flatbed_nc, Jun 26, 2018.

1. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I get both at the same time or a few minutes apart. There language in the Ratecon is binding according to my lawyer. But I agree they have this second email. I always say send it right away as the shipper and/or receiver may be on my do not haul list. Although most TQL brokers just tell me at the Ratecon level. It’s a big company. Etc

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    I work with TQL and they are not the worst nor the best . Sometimes they pay above market rate sometimes they straddle the line of fair or cheap. Biggest issue I have is the ridiculous check calls and Brokers calling to see if I have an available truck . They pay on time and that's a plus .

86scotty Thanks this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I don't know how you guys do it.

I never got the right addresses with them. Untill i was there for pickup or delivery. And usually it was a few extra miles.

5. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    2013 was the last year I ever moved a TQL load.

They sent me a bill for $150 for a delivery that arrived at 9 a.m instead of 8 a.m. that had no appointment and cancelled my reload

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Agreed. Young man this is a lesson to learn.

Brokers have their jobs, you have yours.

If that contact isn't signed they going to look for cheaper trucks as you're driving there, it's the way it works.

Do not every feel sorry for a broker by giving what YOU want and having them sign the contract.

Another note, lock in the TONU charge right off the bat with the well known unscrupulous brokers ..... If they bail out, you win anyway...

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I hate TQL. They're shrewd business people. They just cover loads with little regard of what the driver desires, and they call you pretty much around the clock with these ridiculous location updates. Not very professional either. If there are other load broker options, I'd tell drivers to look elsewhere

6wheeler Thanks this.
  8. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    When you call from TQL ask what city or zip , ask the weight and commodity. Find out delivery times and what facilities you are going to . I have a running list of shippers or receivers I wont goto or need extra compensation to deal with . Ask as many questions it's your load and in your best interest.

Tug Toy and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  9. rasymacmac21

rasymacmac21 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    East of the Mississippi.
    Good thing they blacklisted me because I tried to file on their bond on a way past due invoice. Thanks TQL

6wheeler Thanks this.
  10. RAMHere

RAMHere Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2018
    tql quote can be sent almost while on the phone--or within five minutes at most.

11. Nobroker

Nobroker Medium Load Member

Jul 1, 2016
    TQL Is like a cancer and spreading driving rates lower in every segmant of transport they enter. You get less they get more.

6wheeler Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.