was it a waste?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by srg, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    He can get a hazmat endorsement after 7 years without any problem. He can get it earlier by applying for a waiver from TSA and having everyone he knows write a letter on his behalf. But in the meantime, yes, he will be denied.

My advice would be to get experience first. Part of the argument for applying for a waiver later on is that you have experience and would like to increase your earning potential. Until then, first things first: get a job and get rolling.

dca and srg Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. k1221n2

k1221n2 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2014
    C'mon man, the guys trying to straighten up his life.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Bob Dobalina and srg Thank this.
  4. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL

Well, since I already committed regular robbery, thought I'd add highway robbery to my rap sheet

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    MrWaaaH, taxihacker66, Locke and 2 others Thank this.
  5. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    A suggestion that could help yourself in the future is (depending on the State the crime was committed in, and the details of your Charges and successful completion of Probation) is to try to get your Criminal Record expunged or your felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor.

In some States after 10 years have passed and no further Criminal Activity has been committed, you can also petition your State to ask the Governor for a Pardon.

Anyways, just some food for thought.

Good luck in your search.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    taxihacker66, Canned Spam and srg Thank this.
  6. Locke

Locke Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2015
    lol good one

7. 76cb550

76cb550 Light Load Member

Nov 12, 2012
    I don't know, maybe finding first a yard jockey work, u will be driving a truck and building up ur work experience. Sending personal letters to the owner of any company you apply, volunteering for community organizations will help too when u need people or better a organization to vouch for your mental and moral qualities.
    good luck.

srg Thanks this.
  8. srg

srg Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Thanks for taking the time to provide me with some constructive feedback i really appreciate it.

9. Diggler

Diggler Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Jax
    I've talked to a few boys that drive yard trucks. Seems to be a common thing to drive a yard truck after a felony. Most seem to have a recent dui and still in order to drive a yard truck you might have to send a letter with application stating your regrets about past actions and that you are trying to regain your foothold as an upstanding citizen. They did. I know for a fact Carolina Cargo will hire you too. Have had a few friends with drug or robbery felonies get hired by them and if it is 5 years old they will take you. Just follow up with a phone call a few days after you drop your app in. Best of luck out there.

srg Thanks this.
  10. KMG365

KMG365 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2014
    People make mistakes.
    He served his time.
    To suggest that someone in his position doesn't deserve a second chance solves nothing.

srg and taxihacker66 Thank this.
  11. taxihacker66

taxihacker66 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Concrete jungle.
    The shotgun @ stick were meant to be tongue and cheek?

Don't know all the circumstances of the robbery but he did pay the price (criminal record--jail time?) for his actions. What should he do be a freight broker??

To the O/P I'm sure someone will hire you. Just keep trying.

srg Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.