was with them 14 yrs

Discussion in 'Crete' started by Radar049, May 17, 2012.

1. Radar049

Radar049 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2012
    they are a miserable outfit to work for, give you mininum miles you must run per mounth 10,600 but the higher you go up the pay scale the shorter your runs get, then they give you a bunch of crap when you do make their 10,600 goal, so the only shot you have is not take any time off, if you do not mind doing short hauls mainly on the east coast and have them getting on your back, oh they are tickeled with the e-logs but not for the reasons you might think, it is so they can monitor if you take a break longer than 10hrs or if you are shutting down before you used your 14hrs up,no kidding if you have hrs left they will have you p/u a load they will push you like i have never seen and give you crap if you dare rest and that includes time at home:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Uh, if you spent 14 years with them. :biggrin_2556:
    They can't be that bad. Or, I would think that you would have had to leave before you hit 14 years service.

4. Radar049

Radar049 Bobtail Member

May 17, 2012
    when i first started with them they only took exeperencd drivers the loads where much longer and you could select from 3 loads and often more cause they were pretty laid back a great place to work and their outlook was we hire experence and we trust you to do your job all that changed drastically after the owner turned over the regins to his son in law back around 04-05 then after that it has been a downward spiral,now you will not find anyone except mabee heartland that pays more per mile but you will deffintally have to give them their pound of flesh if you sign on you will find out quickly well after 90 days cause the newbees get the best freight there

5. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    I'm about in the middle of the pay scale, and my miles are still doing okay. This is usually the slightly slower time of year, and just had my worst week in 3 weeks and it was still around 2700 miles for the week. That probably would have been better, but I had the truck in the shop for 3/4 of one day. I'm sure it's not what it used to be, but I have never felt micro-managed. In fact, I almost never hear from my terminal unless I call them about something. I've been here for almost 4 years, and have gotten the miles to receive my raise every year so far.
    I'm just giving my situation here, but I'm happy. The pay is way above what most places pay, and the benefits are decent. Are they what they used to be? Probably not, but who is? If things didn't change, we'd still be driving cabovers and there wouldn't be interstates. I just try to keep a good attitude and do my job, and everything seems to work out.

48Packard Thanks this.
  6. NYROADIE

NYROADIE Heavy Load Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Nothing stay's the same, and if you think the grass really is greener on the other side then go for it. But be forewarned! Some of that green grass is a big ole field of crab-grass!
    Remember there's a reason that you stuck around for 14years, could it be that Crete's not really all that bad?

7. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    He's been out here 27 years, and you, 6.

I dont' know this person, but I've worked for several companies for multiple years, that did go downhill....and I waited....and waited.....and hoped things would correct or straighten out, but they usually don't.

You don't know any better, since you don't have much time out here, or long periods of time with several companies.
    When a long term employee quits, it means something.

Not all of us can quit everytime we get pissed off.......some of us have a family to support, and bills to pay.

8. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    10,600 a month?

I get that with my current carrier and home weekends.

KLLM used to micro manage my 11/14. They would cry to high hell if I didn't exhaust every minute. In a way its a good thing if they have freight to keep you that busy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.