Washington State Terminal

Discussion in 'Prime' started by StSimeon, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    For me it's not. It's a convenient place to drop the empty, period.

Actually, Denver was on the list to be expanded - that's why they have all of that land and the plans were drawn up - mostly because of the problems with doing anything else at CHDSLC. When we bought TRL those plans were put on hold to deal with the acquisition and upgrade of the Pittston terminal. That's actually the second place they bought out there... they started with an overglorified garage in Lancaster, but sold that when the TRL deal happened.

It remains that those places on the west coast are just sales offices - never meant or planned to be anything in the way of a terminal.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. U2Exit

U2Exit Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2008
    WA and VA
    Im just ribbing you...

that rumor about fault lines in Salt Lake preventing any new construction is bogus because someone is developing the property beyond the back fence. New buildings and all

4. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    Yeah, and I'm dishin' some back at ya too!

I have no idea what the problem was, but whatever the reason it was enough for the company to acquire the Denver drop yard. The temp building is just that... a temporary building until the new plans were approved. That bung hole in Pittston derailed everything - but i can see the need for something up there based on the tempo of operations in the Northeast. It wouldn't surprise me if Verna Lowe (not the one in the fuel dept) had something to do with slowing that down... I think the bankruptcy back in the 80s made her quite conservative... just my opinion on that.

Personally, I'd like to see the "mini-Millenium" building happen in Denver. I could deal with a FM job in Denver!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.