Waste Management

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Bigarmin88, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Had an interview the other day and was woundering anyone ever work for W.M and tell me about the job.Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    They're the biggest in the waste business. They run a tight ship but are a decent employer. I worked for our county but worked right aside the WM guys as they took our landfill over.

They know how long runs take and they keep up with you. You might be able to stop and grab a quick drink, but there is no goof off time. Our facility, I think the furthest box away was maybe 80 miles. So it's not like you have long runs. Many boxes are in the nearest towns.

It all depends on the personality of who runs your outfit too. I think they have a decent benefits package.

All the guys working the landfill and half the drivers at our facility been there a long time. So that says a little bit.

4. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    It's a great gig here in California. Their transfer driver jobs are highly sought after. Excellent pay/benefits and "bankers hours"..Had one of them tell me the hardest part of the job was washing the crap off the truck after going to a landfill and dumping..Go for it..

BigJon310 Thanks this.
  5. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Thanks for the input,i'm still waiting to hear back from them but the pay is good,$14.00 an hr which is good pay for me.If I don't get the job ill just go back to OTR.

6. AFSTruckerswife

AFSTruckerswife Light Load Member

May 23, 2009
    Graham, N.C.
    They are very picky, believe me. My husband was called back 2 times for an interview because they had 3 prospects. They ended up giving it to someone else who had some actual roll off experience even though he had less driving experience. He is still applying whenever there is an opening because they are a great company to work for.

7. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Yep you got that right,I just got a email from them and they are not considering me,well ill just stick to otr for now.

8. GTR SILVER

GTR SILVER Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2009
    jersey city,nj
    Does anyone know what the start times are....and if it's Monday to Friday…??

looking up here in north jersey for a roll off position.

thanks in advance....!!!!

9. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Your start times are going to vary, there's no set time company wide, I'm sure of it. I hauled trash for 4 years for leon county to a WM landfill facility and regulary saw their front load guys starting between 12:30 and 1 am.

10. GTR SILVER

GTR SILVER Light Load Member

Mar 20, 2009
    jersey city,nj
    Thanks............

Anyone know WM in north jersey....as far as schedules...??

(for roll off)

thanks

11. Bigarmin88

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    More likely around 5am start time,I lived in a apartment complex and the guy always had come around 5:30-6am on Saturday's mornings.:biggrin_25510:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.