Waste Management

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Bigarmin88, Dec 9, 2011.

1. icefisher47

icefisher47 Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Orange, Massachusetts
    They never called me back and I have 5 yrs roll off with pup trailers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BCO532335

BCO532335 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2012
    wesley chapel,fl
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    I did walking floor trailer out of western pa transfer station facility. sub-contractor for WM
    Always talked with the new hires or injured personal. that was booted to helping the transfer site before they were assigned a position or Injured persons on ' light duty '. They went down to florida to a get a CDL and training. thought that was kinda weird

The rear loader garbage guys do extensive work for little pay. much respect to them. in the end if can stand the inter politics. move up the ranks to make a minimum of $60,000 a year.

similar to any job. Administration sucks that never did the job or did the job 15 years ago.

The landfill i hauled to was awesome, the operators in washington,pa were great and did everything to help out a tractor trailer. unlike many other landfills hauled to in the past in the region.

Would I work for WM directly. No way. Maybe i don't know how the entire process works. start on the back of a truck slinging garbage. 10 years ago, yes

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  5. oldyankee

oldyankee Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2010
    NC
    What does this involve?

says class A CDL needed.

At Waste Management our Tractor Trailer Drivers deliver/pick up and transport trailers containers to/ from our customer location

6. yawarsaeed

yawarsaeed Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    nice post about waste management if any here want to get waste services then contact waste buster at facebook.com/wastebusterspk

7. kfrye1975

kfrye1975 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    I started as a loader and wm trained and paid for me to get my class b. I worked at n. Huntingdon pa location as a residential rearload. They are union local 249

8. kfrye1975

kfrye1975 Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2014
    All i can say i give credit to the drivers and loaders that do this every day they bust their butts. I broke both bones in my left forearm throwing in a grass bag. Heres a hint people. If you have to dolly ur trash to the curb what makes you think your garbage man or woman wants to lift it. I preferred multiple lighter bags not one huge that had to be bear hugged or required 2 people to lift. Alot of my customers really took care of us though and believe it or not modt garbage remember how you treat them and they do appreciate it.

9. Wolfshadow

Wolfshadow Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Thinking of WM roll off job. There's an opening in Pocomoke City MD. Rural area. It's second shift but if it's good I might think about it. Anyone know how long they make you wait for med benefits? Cobra is mucho expensive. Weekends off? Vacation? Holidays? I got a great OTR gig now, but not home every day. Oh, and what's the pay like?

thanks

10. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Orientation is one step short of water boarding on the torture scale, if you survive that watch them like a hawk, particularly maintenence on there trucks.

Adam

11. Wolfshadow

Wolfshadow Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2014
    The more I think about it the less appealing it is. I think I'm gonna stay where I am. Happy here, just not home every day. When I find a Monday through Friday weekends off gig, maybe I'll jump on it. Thanks for the heads up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.