Watch out for US Express loads

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by DUNE-T, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    I'm working on 20 years out and have yet to
    Touch a amazon load. I would think a Costomer
    This big would have their #### together.
    In and out, 24/7.
    But from reading this forum that's obviously not true.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    They do a lot of drop trailers. Nothing to do with not having #### together.

Western flyer and DUNE-T Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Home Depot DC's are a week to 10 days. Be advised.

NavigatorWife and DUNE-T Thank this.
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Oh I get it now. You accepted a bad contract (a drop load, no detention,, no clause to get rid of the product, etc...) and it's a bad broker. Then Amazon helped commit a felony (Theft over a $1,000 value is typically a felony) and they are great. Gotcha.

A bit of advice so you don't have to commit felonies to run your business. Learn to write contracts and only accept contracts (rate sheets are contracts) that benefit your business. If the load doesn't benefit your business, find customers that pay well enough to do that. There are plenty out there.

6. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Your just looking for a fight. Lol.

ZVar Thanks this.
  7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not really. I mean apparently I'm in a fairly bad mood today, but mostly it's a personal responsibility thing. He accepted a contract that did not benefit his company and it is somehow someone else's fault.

All I really am trying to point out is he needs to get better contracts or he's going to go out of business. Which I never want to see. I really do wish people to succeed, but to do so they need to be honest with themselves.

Western flyer Thanks this.
  8. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    What are you talking about? On the rate confirmation it was a live unload. Yes, US Express lied to me. So now I am suppose to take them to court to fight them over trailer storage fees and breaching the contract? How else would I make them pay without court order if they don't want to cooperate?
    You live in a fantasy world. It is not realistic in real life.
    Now about trailer theft. By Amazon understanding my trailer became a part of their drop and hook program. They took mine and gave me the one available. Nobody stole anything

And the whole finding your good paying customers. If you are able to fill 100% of your work time with direct shippers, good for you. For a lot other people, on the other side, dealing with brokers is a part of their daily life.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    gokiddogo Thanks this.
  9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Dude, my loads are 100% brokered freight for the last 2 years, I am very comfortable with what I am doing and my rates are better than a lot of people have on dedicated accounts.
    This is my first major hiccup and I got out from it with minimal losses. Don't assume things and give silly advices

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    gokiddogo Thanks this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So the contract stated live unload. I'm assuming (yes I know what assume means) that you had no detention pay high enough to cover the detention specified in the contract? If not, it was a bad contract. If so, why did you have to steal US Express' trailer?
    And just because Amazon was a party to the theft, doesn't mean it wasn't theft. I seriously doubt Amazon had the right to give you the trailer.
    Let's flip it though. What would you have done if you back back there and Amazon had given your trailer to some random US Express guy? I mean after all, it was in the pool now....

11. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Amazon made a record who the trailer was given to. I sent an email to the broker telling him what's going on right that minute. His response was "Wait, what's going on?" And that's it. No more responses to my lengthy poems.
    Obviously he did not care.
    Everything was documented, there was no theft and definitely none of the parties involved lost a sleep over one of the US Express trailers being taken away for some time.
    How would I feel about my own trailer being taken away without my permission? Horrible. I felt it when Amazon took it.
    Maybe US Express also had their feelings hurt when I took theirs, who knows...:rolleyes:
    I would have done nothing, just like US Express did, because all that would have happened because of my fault.

And no, I did not have anything in the contract about trailer storage fees. I learned my mistake and made this thread, so other people can learn on my experience.

Coffey and gokiddogo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.