Watch your back

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Road Rash, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetgang

jetgang Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Gainesboro, tn.

I guess i need to start checking profiles before I respond back to some of these posts.. I'm proud of the company I work for.. they have treated me well... I'm sure you looked at my profile.. one thing I left out ... I've been driving OTR for almost 30 yrs now. And I do not regret one year of it !!!!! jetgang:biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Jetgang

Thanks for posting. As someone about to take the plunge its refreshing to read someone happy with the lifestyle and loyal to a company. I hope I am so lucky. How long have you been with Western and do they run out of NC?

4. jetgang

jetgang Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Gainesboro, tn.
    Wsyrob, I'm glad to see my posting brought a little light to your dark tunnel. Yes I'm proud of the company I work for and I'm very loyal to them. I have trained many newcomers..(students) I hate that term..student to the industry over the years..And the one thing I learned over over almost 3 decades of driving that I have taught my newcomers in this bussiness is that you must be willing to give up alot drive OTR. By that I mean you be willing...as your family must willing to understand that you may not be home for a holiday..you might miss a birthday party..you might miss a ballgame your son is having... you might not get home for your wifes birthday..ect. ect. wsyrob is was bought into this bussiness by an uncle who was was a hard teacher he made me bust my butt for almost 2 years before he finally let me make my first solo run by myself. But I learned alot from that man. (LOL !! guess you could say I come from the OLD SCHOOL). I'm dont know what your status is right now as far as your training goes. but Iwish you the best of luck. As for my company... Yes !! Western Express has all kinds of freight moving in and out of N.C. ! We have alot of drivers whom live in N.C. And have several dedicated regions in that area where they get home time on a regular basis. but agian you have to run for the company for awhile as I did and show them you can p/u and deliver your loads on time before they 'll put you on these dedicated loads. Most companies operate in that fashion.. start at the bottom and work your way up.. thats the way it is with any company.. how hard you work is how much your going to get in return. when I came to western 2yrs ago with nearly 28 yrs experience they still made me climb the pole now have the respect of being one of there top drivers in the company!! wsyrob it's up to you... keep a positive attitude learn all you can and you'll have a great future in trucking.. we need drivers all the time in this bussiness true but we need GOOD drivers. best wishes, jetgang

5. Etosha

Etosha World Citizen

Aug 19, 2007
    Edmonton, AB
    Seems to me that many new drivers are unaware of this aspect of pretty much any industry!

6. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    What kind of blanking job do you do where you go 6 weeks without getting paid before you think there's a problem? Either you are with the wrong company or you exist on air only.

7. jetgang

jetgang Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Gainesboro, tn.
    knightbringer,
    if you look at jrukka's profile as I have you'll notice they are not a trucker. And besides my company would never let driver go six weeks without getting paid !! There sytem just dosn't work that way!! jetgang

8. knightbringer

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    But still, my question remains. What the blank does this guy do that he doesn't get paid for six weeks? My man is missunderstanding a concept or two.

9. knightbringer

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    That's something to be proud of. My intructor at truck school had 48 years experience. Imagin that. I don't think I'll make it as far as ya'll

10. jeb1964

jeb1964 Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2006
    does anyone know anything about western express's flatbed division?if they're good with getting you the miles?And how is the company overall?

11. Sarge

Sarge Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    North Florida
    I am considering Western Express flatbed, any thoughts on that? I like to run more out west and was told doing flatbed for them would make that happen more often. They seem like nice folks so far. Not too thrilled about the hometime policy though. Not much flexibility. The rest sounded good. I really need some good advice before jumping on board. I'm not a job hopper and want to keep it that way so I try to find out as much as I can before I go somewhere.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.