Watch your back

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Road Rash, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetgang

jetgang Bobtail Member

May 28, 2007
    Gainesboro, tn.

Sarge, I myself have been with western nearly 3 yrs now. working in the van division and frankly I love the company and everything they have done for me and my family. Yes they are great people to work with and have excellent equipment to work with as well as taking care of it. I cant tell you much about the flatbed division. except that most of the drivers i talk with seem to be very happy in it. Also keep in mind the flatbed division like the van division does have dedicated runs they offer with might help you with the home time issue. So you want to ask them about all they do with the flatbeds. Best of luck to you !!! jetgang:biggrin_25519:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. didntitellu

didntitellu Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    Jetgang, great posts and great advise. Even tho I am not with Western Express I can appreciate the words of encourgement you offer. Thank you sir for your words of wisdom. Someday maybe we will all find a place we are as happy with as you are. Until then it is only these types of stories that keep pushing us to do more, to work harder, and to keep our heads up.

4. Sarge

Sarge Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    North Florida
    I think after the second week that truck would cease to roll until things were settled. Unless there's more to this story than is being said.

5. highirish

highirish Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    Was really enjoying reading this thread until I got to jetgang's post. Pretty obvious this carrier doesnt have any visual insurance... is there really any need for the large crayon colored text??????? Needless to say I didnt finish reading this thread...

6. CMoore2004

CMoore2004 Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    So how's your company treating you, highirish? I'd like to see how someone that complains about a font color is treated by a dispatcher.

7. readytogo

readytogo Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2007
    paragould, ar
    lol! good one and a good point.

8. highirish

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    Ouch...just got double teamed by a student and a truckers wife. Keep on trucking hand...oh wait...neither of you do.

9. CMoore2004

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    Well, I hope whatever they taught you in school isn't taught where I'm going. It could just be your many years of experience that makes you so high up here. I'm willing to bet in my years of not holding a CDL, I've driven my farm's tractor-trailer and straight trucks more hours than you have. I'm just not technically employed as a commercial truck driver, so I didn't bother noting any of that experience.

Anyways, I found jetgang's posts to be pretty informative, even if I don't and never will work for the company he's at. At least he's contributing something, so if I had to read through a rainbow post, I'll be glad to.

10. highirish

Jul 26, 2007
    Paducah, KY
    Ok super trucker...you keep on reading the rainbows. Big forum here...just trying to get through as much of this info as I can and really see no sense in trying to read through rainbow. If his info is good then post it and let it be judge on its quality not dressed up real cute for all the super experienced grain elevator jockeys out on the farm.

11. CMoore2004

Nov 2, 2007
    OTR
    Well, in the future, you may find it useful to simply highlight the text and get the high contrast colors you're desperately seeking. I see no need for you to insult jetgang, readytogo, or me, especially after we've tried to be helpful but your time's too important to simply read something other than black on white. Us "grain elevator jockeys" (which I've only done a few times, actually--most of my time was spent riding within a few inches of a chopper and from/to the field) seem to feed most of America, but yet everyone's better than a miserable little farmer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.