Watchmytruck's on Youtube

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Buckeye 'bedder, Oct 16, 2010.

1. trukr33

trukr33 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2010
    killeen, tx
    what makes you think he's holding the camera. He has it mounted on a remote swivle with the controles on the steering wheel and the monitor in the dash. I will agree some of his comments are embarassing, check the one he did with Melton. But company's know what to look for and so do proffesional drivers, steering wheel holders on the other hand don't. As far as his driving goes he don't drive any worse than 90% of the 4 wheelers do around us. If your a proofessional then you should be aware of what's going on around you. If someone is following you like he does then your supposed to take the an exit wait a second or two and then re enter the freeway, not drive like an idiot to get away from them, unless he exits with you then do what you need to do. Bottom line though is drive like you supposed to and he won't be following you except to show that you doing a good job, and he has a couple of those videos too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trukr33

trukr33 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2010
    killeen, tx
    I hate to say it but these guy's are too stupid to figure that out. For every one of us that do there's 15 that won't.

I'm done ya'lls b/s is too much to handle

4. trukr33

trukr33 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2010
    killeen, tx
    another thing if ya'll see my truck near you steering wheel holders let me know so I don't have to drive around you reckless turds.

5. Buckeye 'bedder

Buckeye 'bedder Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    It makes no difference if he has the camera mounted on a swivel with a remote. HE has to aim it to where he wants it; thus he is not concentrating on the road ahead. This isn't about defending the truckers, because yes, the drivers he is filming are wrong in what they are doing. That is not my contention. I am pointing out that he IS just as guilty as the drivers he is filming. It is the same as people texting, eating food with both hands while driving (duh), women (and some men) putting makeup on while looking in the rear view mirror, so forth and so on, but then filming others doing the same and state "watch my Youtube videos of others driving recklessly." If he does cause a crash, I will certainly not feel any pity towards him. I will to those he causes pain and suffering to by his recklessness. You may choose to defend what this guy is doing. I choose not to.

SweetSouthernRide and Dionysus Thank this.
  6. Buckeye 'bedder

Buckeye 'bedder Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2010
    Nowhere
    Oh, I see. Since we don't support the dumba** with the camera, we are all a bunch of reckless turds? That's rich.

SweetSouthernRide Thanks this.
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    To be honest, I could give a #### what he does with the camera. Anything that contributes to road safety has to be a good thing so far as I'm concerned, and removing nutters from said roads is a good start.

Where I have a problem is that the guy blatantly ignores traffic laws, and doesn't seem to have a problem with it, and because of his saintly mission, the rest of us are supposed to cut him some slack too.

I think his attention to film-making is a little too intense to leave much room for his driving, but that's just my opinion.

I've found that having a chat to the safety manager while describing in detail what his truck is doing works just as well as attempting to film the thing. That said, I don't like ratting out drivers. It has to be life-threeatening before I'll make the call.

SweetSouthernRide Thanks this.
  8. trukr33

trukr33 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2010
    killeen, tx
    After almost being killed twice, once in knoxville and once in Nashville, I am all for what this guy does. If he had a hard time filming and driving at the same time he would be all over the road but he isn't so as far as I'm concerned he knows what he's doing. I'm pissed off at these guys that feel like he has no place doing what he does but somebody needs to. These videos help some drivers pay attintion to what it is they do so they can correct the way they drive. That's the purpose so look at it that way and pay attention on the roads and keep others safe as well as yourselfs.

9. trukr33

trukr33 Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2010
    killeen, tx
    And dion I agree but when saftey talks to the driver, the driver acts like he has no clue what their talking about, sometime they really don't which is sad. Having a video of the situation gives no qestion about what happened so the driver can either change the way he drives or be terminated I also agree about ratting out a driver, it has to be somthing that is extremly dangerous. This guy is a saftey advocate so anything is dangerous to him.

Dionysus Thanks this.
  10. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    yes......I wasted several minutes of my life watching this ### clowns videos, I want a refund..

112racing and SweetSouthernRide Thank this.
  11. rbht

rbht Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    CT,NH
    So your all for him speeding and cutting in and out of traffic and being unsafe just to rat on a truck driver , what makes him any diffrent than the one's he's filming, nothing just another ### hat with a chip on his shoulder toward truckers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.