water leaking w900

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by belltransit, Nov 12, 2011.

1. belltransit

belltransit Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    does anyone else have a water leaking problem with their w900. mine is coming in somewhere between the cab and the sleeper. the last owner siliconed around the rubber. i took and resealed the back side of the rubber near the sleeper but i havent gotten to redoing the front side facing the cab. has anyone had this problem and was u able to get it fixed?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PonderTrucker

PonderTrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Ponder, Texas
    Mine is leaking in almost the exact same spot. Just got this 2011 truck about 6 months ago. We just went through our first heavy rain and all the sudden water is pouring into the cab on the passenger side between the passenger seat and the cabinet. It's a significant amount of water too. Second time this has happened since owning this truck.

I've owned KWs, Petes, Freightliners and never had this problem. It seems like this new T700 is not the same quality as Paccar's trucks have been in the past. Everything seems to be made of cheap plastic and not very well built.

We have looked around but can't find where the water in coming into the cab, or I should say we can't find where the leak begins.

4. belltransit

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    i had someone tell me to check and seal around the windows on the top of the sleeper. i have a factory set of cab lights on top of my sleeper and i even sealed under them. i pulled them off and sealed where the wires come thru and even around the screws. but i still get water so im goin to do the windows next...if that dont fix it screw it ill leave a bunch paper towels up there to soak up any that comes in...lol

5. Dino1968

Dino1968 Light Load Member

That main seal between cab and sleeper is bad for that, also like you said the vista window seals can leak too. What I do is try get some vanguard caulk in under there, enough to make a dam so the water will go elsewhere. Saw a KW mechanic deal with this one day. He put a hose remover tool under the seal, lined up the caulk gun behind and hauled butay across the top of that cab in like 1 minute flat ! I'm llike cool, that looked easy :biggrin_25524: HA let's just say the operator apparently makes a difference in this situation :biggrin_2559:

6. KW Parts Guy

KW Parts Guy Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2011
    In this case something probably got twisted or pinch during the build, drop by a dealer.

7. belltransit

Jun 28, 2010
    oak grove, mo
    on the seal between the cab a sleeper i got the caulk under the seal. thats what ill do to the windows too...lift the seal and get the caulk gun under the edge and work my way all the way around the window.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.