Watkins-Shepard Acquired by Schneider

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by 3031, Jun 1, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I been in they're shoes and I don't blame em .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Things to look forward to:

Get caught talking on your phone, even hands free, terminated!

Idling? Forget about it. No idle free cooling devices either. You are encouraged to buy window screens.

Fuel where company tells you to fuel.

Want per diem? Give up $.02/mile.

You'll probably get a 401K match on your downsized income.

Wanna really push that truck and drive 62? Put your foot to the floor and then be prepared to give up your quarterly "bonus". (Teams get faster trucks. Not sure why, so it's clearly not a safety thing.)

These are just some of the things they will enthusiastically try to make you feel good about. Hang tight for now, but be on the look out. When these things start to roll out the end is near.

4. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Um, there are no driving facing cameras, they aren't the slowest. Maybe you should get all your facts straight before you judge? Just saying, you are making judgements with incorrect facts. Yea, I find humor in that.

Here is a novel idea. Keep an open mind, keep a positive attitude, and gather the correct facts, then make up your mind. You sound like you already made up your mind anyways.

gentleroger and Tac-Lift Thank this.
  5. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Ha I'm sorry but I will not drive a truck that I can not idle to sleep comfortably. My truck has Epu but the ones that don't are allowed to idle here. We get a monthly bonus and the fuel mileage goal changes with the season to allow you to idle when it's hot. The phone situation is a joke simple as that. As far as governed speed, if they change all that stuff the will have a lot of drivers leaving and it's hard to find drivers that will run 20-30 stops a week in furniture and put 53' trailers where they shouldn't be lol

awakened and nanadriver Thank this.
  6. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    You are right on the cameras.

However, how much slower do they need to be in order to be the slowest? Not much, I can tell you that, unless you're a team. But now you're splitting hairs. Slow is slow and the pumpkin patch plods along with the slowest fleets on the interstate.

7. nanadriver

nanadriver Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2016
    Driver facing cameras? Didn't know about that one, my husband and I team. How does that work, they want something to see they just may get it. W/S is a wonderful company all around to work for. From the other drivers, dispatch, higher ups, etc I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I hope things don't change but that may be an unrealistic but going to wait and see. Anyhow, I don't look good in orange.

8. DsquareD

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Speaking of phones. When you do find time to safely stop and call the company you will be greeted by an extremely annoying voice message running in a loop. You will get to listen to this several times as you spend your entire 30 minute break on hold only to be told they don't know anything and will have to call you back or have you call back on your next stop.

9. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    Lol idk about the slowest but I can tell you my W/S truck governed at 65 blows right by em. Passed 3 of em just today lol

DsquareD Thanks this.
  10. awakened

awakened Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Dude, I pass Schneider trucks everyday. They are the slowest on the road. As for the cameras, that was something I heard from someone the other day. As for my attitude? I have no intention of faking a positive attitude during a negative situation. You're right, my mind is made up...I will not pull loads for pumpkin. Ray Kuntz can get bent for all I care.

BackIsSore Thanks this.
  11. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    They can never run a LTL furniture operation with that kind of phone service. We have be able to get someone on the phone in seconds. Because most times we are standing with a customer who has a question or problem. And these customers will request someone else to bring their furniture. There are several companies that do it so they will have no problem finding someone else to deliver it to them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.