Watkins Shepard Safety Interview/HPE EXPLAINED!

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by American-Trucker, Sep 17, 2010.

1. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    you can watch his videos on youtube,a lot of info on W/S .

thehornet Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Like AT said, this situation surprises me as they will fix anything ASAP, they just need to know it needs to be fixed...I've never been told no or made to wait, it's always been done ASAP...

4. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    www.csa.fmcsa.dot.gov carrier search.:biggrin_25513:

5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Like AT said, it's not a company issue, per se, it's the drivers that don't want to miss a load or be late and let things go until they get caught giving the company a bad rep...The company can't fix something when they don't know it's broke but they will if they know...

6. HAMADOWN

HAMADOWN Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2011
    DETROIT, MI
    I am scheduled for orientation on Feb 13, 2012. Excited about W/S...Really hoping to get into flat bed soon...will try to get on the list right away.
    I have seen posts that indicate W/S drivers (newbies) are having trouble getting trucks?? any truth to a truck shortage?? Also, what are the average miles like each week? Trucks built for reasonable comfort, like APU's?? Also, what's the deal with a 2800 ft. 6 percent grade fully loaded run while shifting gears on the way down??
    appreciate any info to all of the above, thanks.

7. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    No idea about a truck shortage. Some have APU's, some don't and it's the luck of the draw if you get one that does. Mine don't...I idle when I feel I have to. You'll be taught that you can shift gears going downhill. Pretty much been covered in previous threads.

8. Shiftin

Shiftin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Central-New Jersey
    A few new things that W&S started the past few weeks. If you have a bad trailer, tag it and send a #61 QC to "shop" and let them know about the defects on the trailer. All the shops will get the QC. Was told that 42 "new" used trucks were bought from Knight. And NJ is going to be getting swamped with frieght soon since Conover is no longer going to be shipping multi-stop loads out of there that are headed to NY, NJ, PA, MD, Conn, RI, MA, NH, VT and MA. All that frieght is going to Sayreville to be delievered by the "Short" drivers.

9. walstib

walstib Darkstar

That's a great idea to relieve the pressure at Conover plus add lots of good one stop runs from NC to NJ!...Let's hope NJ's warehouse crews can handle it!

10. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

thats awesome for the drivers that arent going to have to do those runs now, but Sayreville is a freaking joke, i sure hope they have a plan to deal with 100 trucks showing up to deliver and not just stack drivers up ILLEGALLY out in the road.....i can see this being an issue. Perhaps this is what needs to happen for WS to get a real terminal in NJ

American Trucker

11. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Had a quick question here about the fitness evaluation. I had a spinal injury due to a car wreck back in 2010, not my fault, and surgery to repair it in Feb. 2011. It's been a year since the surgery and I am pretty much back to normal.

At this point I can do everything listed in the fitness evaluation and riding for hours does not bother my back as I have taken several trips recently.

I know I would have to call and find out but I just wanted other W/S drivers opinions if this would be a disqualification for employment even thought I can do everything required in the evaluation.

I start tech school March 5th and am just doing some early shopping around.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.