Watkins & Shepard - The Adventure Begins October 8th

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by BigRedBigRig, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TAJW

TAJW Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Billings, MT
    I know the difference.

The inverter just gives you power from the truck's electrical system to run devices. The APU is an actual generator supplying power, along with cooling and heating support. The APU has to be integrated into the truck, sometimes using the truck's cooling system depending on manufacturer and model, is much more expensive and pretty much becomes part of the truck, but is one additional item that requires maintenance.

The Inverter generally is going to provide AC power to run selected items like a refrigerator, TV, etc. You do have the option of getting DC powered devices instead of AC devices, although they are generally more expensive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. north cakalacki

north cakalacki Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Louisville KY
    you would have to be crazy to buy an apu and have it installed on a company truck bunk heater in the winter and idle in the summer

4. roadlt

roadlt Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
    How do you install a APU on a bunk heater? I don't think that is possible. Or, can you only install it on bunk heaters in the winter?

5. Zen Trucker

Zen Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2012
    I think you all need to start your own thread.

6. roadlt

roadlt Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by north cakalacki [​IMG]
    you would have to be crazy to buy an apu and have it installed on a company truck bunk heater in the winter and idle in the summer

I was just trying to figure out how you would install an APU on a bunk heater in the winter while its idleing in the Summer!

7. north cakalacki

north cakalacki Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Louisville KY
    I forgot a comma use the bunk heater in the winter and idle for the ac in the summer

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.