Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    well they stopped orientation in nj and nc for a while, so they were sending everyone out to missoula for a while. they stopped the whole 30 day for a while cause now they want at least 8 people in the class.
    but i no they have three 30 day students gettin ready to start.
    i guess thats a good thing, maybe its a good sign that things are improving...?
    i no they are pushing 10 dayers through pretty fast and pretty steadily

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REALTRUCKER

REALTRUCKER Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2008
    kansas city
    The 30 day class is up and running call Missoula for info.
    Mark Dodge
    Dir. of Driver Training

4. mopar408

mopar408 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2008
    Ca
    Wow, I didn't know anyone from W/s management actually reads this thread.
    I like to ##### and moan on here, its an outlet and my wifey does not want to hear it so i do it on here.
    Anyway I had to give my 2 week notice this week.I got Called back to the same (seasonal) job i had last year and I need to be closer to home for personal reasons.
    Like I said in earlier posting I have nothing bad to say about the company, but now that I think about it the dispatchers could communicate more with there drivers, it is suppose to be a medium size company that they know you by your name and not a number?
    Anyway Peace out you all and be safe.

5. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    what do u mean about them readin this??

and u do u really think that they dont read this often?
    if u google watkin shepard this forum is the first link.

6. mopar408

mopar408 Bobtail Member

May 18, 2008
    Ca
    read the post above mine , from mark, he is the head of hiring.....

7. Naw'lins Born

Naw'lins Born Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2008
    elizabeth, nj
    don't worry mopar I'll say something but true.
    1st. the reason why u are leaving this company dispacters have no clue and .32 reeally suffers. Make no mistake watkins is a good company.
    But with that said its mostly the drivers that give u that u that company medium feeling. See example; Mr Million mile driver head up s2b #$$. I can honestly say without danc, wing ding, s2b, and some other drivers this company would be worse.
    If your a newbie this is definately the company to start with; hands down 10 days and your on the road think you need a trainer still after that u don't trust me u will not be rushed when u get out there so u can take ur time. Just make sure u pick up everything u can from more experience drivers they will help we have the best.
    2nd - If you have an family or wife at home not to mention kids you will be broke for sure u will sit alot run low miles with dispatchers. I repeat If you do not pay Rent, lights, U know real bills don't comment on my experirnce. Me I'm taking my mother on her first vacation in my life time " lovely lady" i n 2 weeks to the bahamas another reason why I'm pissed they cut my pay . I cannot lie it was this company who gave me the tools to do this and it is this company decision that I'm going with maybe $350 to spare wow the ###ing irony.
    My 2 weeks notice will be in soon after i found out that after you get your exp that old cat was not lying.
    They have to pay u for what u know, funny 18 months ago only two companies were willing to hire me; but now after that exp. no tickets fender benders or d.o.t marks they actually call u back within the hour; god is good theres more than one way to skin a cat. Came up a little short for ups and fed ex I was just a little bias in my companies like they were in the beginning no starter outfits only day cabs for me thethats my exp.
    Watkins is a good company with low morale in my opion.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  8. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
  9. Naw'lins Born

Naw'lins Born Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2008
    elizabeth, nj
    Let me correct my earlier post; I mentioned running at .32 a mile after first year. Well they just sent us a quallcom msg telling us to look for changes.
    Once again these people in montana are really cowads the msg. said check letter at terminals or u can read the letter to be in your next pay stub get the hint. it also said tell your family to keep in touch with u about this letter. "drivers please read".
    U cowards you want my family to tell me you are cutting my pay back .1 cent a mile you mean u could not tell me that. talk about a dedicated company. now I'm running at .31 cents a mile I would throw a peace sign in the next two weeks proudly.

10. Kyber

Kyber Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Davis, California
    Hey MOPAR, where you going to be driving out of when you get to California? I'm going to be driving the night shift in Williams once the tomato season starts up. It would be nice to talk to you this season and learn more about WS. I was hoping to go to flats after the season is done.

11. sal

sal Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2007
    sacramento Ca
    Kyber, Do you work for the company with the green trucks out of Davis?
    How long is that season job. I live in Sac.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.