Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Ahh, I see. I live in a condo complex, and there are tractor-trailers here all the time, movers and such...I was just thinking bobtail here and pull into our alley for an hour or so to fix 'er up, then back to SFS. I definitely would not want to get the company OR myself in any kind of hot water....by the way, what is this La Mirada shop you speak of?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    the shop and the terminol are in 2 seprate locations...

4. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Ahh, I must have seen the terminal, over on Carmenita right next to the RR tracks....kind of a crappy brown building I think.

5. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    yes, thats the terminal, the shop and drivers lounge are across town, id rather not say on here where it is, obvious reasons ha...

6. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    No worries...I hopefully will find out soon enough. So, if I'm based out of the SFS terminal, would I park the tractor at the driver's lounge/shop or at the terminal for hometime?

7. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    You park at the shop in La Mirada. That's for both trucks and personal vehicles. Space at the terminal on Carmenita is extremely limited.

8. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    So, what is the personal vehicle parking situation? Is it safe to leave a personal car there while out on the road? Secured fenced lot or anything like that? And I agree on the limited space on Carmenita...when I went by there not long ago, I wondered how they were able to park anything there for longer than time to load/unload....

9. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    There is a gate, but I've never seen it closed and there are several cars parked outside the fence. Some cars are parked inside the fence, but there is so much traffic in and out of the shop yard 24 hours a day that I wouldn't worry about my car there. Like somebody mentioned already, most loads come out of SFS after midnight so the yard is sometimes busier at 3 AM than at 8 PM.

10. 6309

6309 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2009
    NORCAL
    Warpdrvr
    Hey Warp, check your e-mail and let me know if you have any more questions.

11. 6309

6309 Light Load Member

Jan 26, 2009
    NORCAL
    Wingrider,
    It's Sunday Dec. 20th. Are you stuck in SFS? Your truck was in the shop waiting for parts. If your the same person I was talking to at the outside table, I was telling you about my brother who lives in Oregon and also has a wing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.