Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    My recruiter told me that they do NOT offer tuition reimbursement anymore, as well as cutting their 30 day school...still seem to be one of the best companies out there to work for from what I've been told and experienced so far....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    (cricket...cricket...cricket)

4. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Hey, I'm back. I'll try to get rid of those crickets! I got your email with the pics and replied to you there. Thanks! Just letting the guys know in the other thread that my wife is home now and doing fine. I can start looking forward to next Monday, when I start my training!

Jmurman and soon2betrucking Thank this.
  5. soon2betrucking

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    best of luck warp!!!! glad to hear ur wife is all good!.

Jmurman Thanks this.
  6. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    S2B, I wish I was hearing crickets right now instead of more snow and cold weather. But it's in the 30s here in Missoula and by comparison to the weather I've been in lately it feels great. Almost don't need a jacket.
    But then again, maybe there are crickets--it's the quietest I've ever seen it here. Not many trucks on the lot, which might be a good thing because it's a sheet of ice. Saw several trucks sliding around up at the Crossroads truckstop last night and I slid a little myself. Rain on solid ice and temperatures right around freezing don't do you any favors in terms of traction.

If the shop can get my truck fixed this afternoon I can continue on to Lakewood; if not, who knows?

7. Warpdrvr

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Hope your truck gets fixed today Henley....stay safe out there on the roads

Henley Thanks this.
  8. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    I appreciate that, Warp. You do the same.

If it doesn't get fixed today, it will get fixed tomorrow... There are few things more valuable out here than patience. Besides, I got to wash my clothes, take a shower, catch up on the truckers forum, etc.

9. soon2betrucking

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    henley, im in atlanta now.. 745am on thursday, chilly, 37, yesterday coming down through SC it was 62 :biggrin_25514:
    but when i woke up it was 22 in carnesville :biggrin_2551:

enjoy that weather out there!!
    stay safe! dont be part of the Macon-Gram,or " Hey Folks " which we have not recieved this week btw... if u still there go make sure he is ok.... :biggrin_2554:

10. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    I said hi to Macon and he seems to be fine. I gotta say, I like the fact that he takes inventory every morning of the trucks on the lot so that he knows which drivers are around. But then again, I've never been a subject of his weekly safety message and I'm doing my best to keep it that way. You know, I've been conditioned to his weekly safety messages and I start listening for a beep every Thursday evening.

For you new guys that do your training in Conover, don't be surprised on your first visit to Missoula when Macon walks up to you and already knows your name and what you look like. In fact, everybody knows what you look like because there's a picture of you attached to your truck in the company computer system.

Say hello to Atlanta for me, S2B. I'm in Spokane now where it's above average in the high 40s. Love it.

11. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    After a couple trips out to Lakewood, I'm back in Missoula for a couple of minutes. It's not an ice sheet anymore, it's a mud bog. I think I'd rather have the ice.

But I'm on my way back east again with a load to Charlotte. Are you gonna miss Krissy, S2B?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.