Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Henley

Henley Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Rock Springs, WY
    I finally got a load back east. Where's everybody at?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

I talked to a w/s recruiter today, and she said inverters can be up to 3000watts. Sounds like a good company! I do have some more questions.

1) I was told 70% drop and Hook.....is this true?

2) Average 2500 miles/wk $40,000 1st yr.......any of this true? seems a little high......27cpm x 120,000 (based on 2500 miles/wk) is only $32,400

thanks in advanced,

American Trucker

4. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    if anyone manages to get by Missoula the next few days, make sure to stop by the classroom and look up me and Clay13! We'll be here over the weekend running the yard trucks/trailers thru the paces....

5. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Maybe that is including safety bonuses and such....I'm still in the 10 day program so I don't have all the good info. As for the inverters, the shop guy told us between 1500 and 2000 would do fine. I plan to get a 1500 one and a 700 or 900 watt microwave...everything else, including a refrigerator pulls much less, so it should be fine for me. Again, some of the guys already out there may have better answers. Who did you talk to, by the way? Were they in Missoula, or somewhere else?

6. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009
    I think her name was Sandy? i have no idea where she was I just called the recruiting number. I don't figure I'll need 3000watts i just figured i would post what they said for anyone else that might be looking at w/s.

and about the $40k i was thinking it was probably the bonuses but she didn't say how much they where. I still got till September till I turn 21, I'm just sitting on my cdl for now lol but w/s is definitely on the top of my short list.

Thanks for the reply warpdrvr

American Trucker

7. allischalmers

allischalmers Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Portland, OR
    "1) I was told 70% drop and Hook.....is this true?"

I remember when I finally asked about the drop and hook percentage as a newbie with W/S after a few months of mostly live loads/unloads and the answer I got from the office was "yeah, that drop&hook percentage mostly just applies to team trucks".

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  8. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

Thanks allischalmers!

American Trucker

9. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    so im gonna go totaly off topic here, and im sorry in advance here for breaking up the questions that are always being asked and answered, but i just wanted to thro an update out on Lynchmob since some have asked where he has been and how come he has not been on posting...
    well... i have had the amazing pleasure of spending some time with him over the past week....
    lynch is one of a kind!!!
    i just happened to call him and see where he was last week, and said he would be in dalton!!! i would be there too!!! we met and it was love at first sight!!!! went to dinner with a few of the other guys, all newbs except for me... we went to longhorns down here in dalton, they were pissed, they closed at 10, and we walked in 945..oh well!!!:biggrin_2559:.. our food was extreamly salty...hmm...:biggrin_25523:
    anyway, we ran together the one day, he was delivering and i was picking up empty trls around the atlanta area, that trip there and back will be one for the scrap book for sure!!!.
    the two of us could def get into a lot of trouble if we were to spend some time hanging out... no doubt!.,
    anyway, you all know that i was bustin his chops about putting his " big boy pants " on... well. hes getting there, in the dressing room anyway, but he said that while he was trying them on they ripped... :biggrin_25513:
    made his way up to WaRshington DC and broke the glad hands while turning and was broke down behind the Canadian Embassy and said to me
    " Yeah, this N/E crap? YOU CAN HAVE IT!! " so, saddly dont think Lynch was able to find the right size pants for him this week... im not giving up on him just yet... but the diaper look is just not appealing at all Lynch..
    .. on a side note. with all the road salt on the trucks someone is going around to some of the trucks down here in Dalton writing things on guys trucks, not really bad things, but not good either, even saw one guy with
    " I HATE D.O.T " on his sleeper... it apears he must really want a DOT inspection...:biggrin_2559:( hi )
    ooohhhh.... i almost forgot, had the pleasure of meeting our friend Henly as well... nice to meet ya!!! good thing i posted about my cb or we may never have met!

Rednek is not hanging with the big dawgs anymore, so i guess he no longer feels the need to post on here anymore, :biggrin_2557:. i looked for his thread about running local for watkins, but i have yet to find it... looser!!

lets see...
    i think i covered everything...
    ill just finish off with a few words for lynch...
    brk 22 for lynchmob...
    the other day i was talking to a zibra and he said that when you warsh your truck you should always stay away from the dirt driveway cause it could get dirty again. Tonyara suggest you come back down to Dalton and be sweet to them again cause i just cant do it. if i hear " where is matt? " one more time im gonna kill you... i hope you didnt have any problems running up and down our bea-(rumblestrip)-utiful easy coast and while running up in the NE always remember that women lie men lie! women lie men lie! even into their 80s+ they will say anything to get their freight!!!

peace!

10. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    hahaha, just had tooo :biggrin_25514::biggrin_2559::biggrin_25525:

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      85 KB
      Views:
  11. rednek

rednek Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2009
    mesa az
    Wow that really hurts lmao hey s2b ain't u doin local in dalton right now lmao and wingnut ain't u thinkingin bout it ohhhh dammmm I must just b a trend setter lmao don't hate oh and you all should b happy I'm not runnin otr anymore u wouldn't b gettin any miles if I was .... oh wait the trucks you 2 have u coulndt keep up anyways

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.