Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    Coolness!!!! I just got to conover this morning after making my drop Ive got well over 2700 miles since monday this week and they give gave me another 1800 mile run to new mexico!!! Woohooo.. keep piling them on

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WingRider

WingRider Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Salem, OR
    Im in Vegas now, unload in the am and get loaded for Atlanta :biggrin_25515:

4. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    ? to yall west coast/otr guys? Is that side so much different from the east/furniture gig?

5. Deserted1

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    East has unloads like crazy.. I am actually in a bind, I have 33 on the clock avail. I told him that when he assigned the NM load on me, now with all 20 drops along the way and how they are scattered I am seeing ITS NOT physically possible to do... Great and they all went home for the weekend.....

6. camofrawg83

camofrawg83 Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Dunn, NC
    Wish I could help ya out. Itchin to hit the road.

7. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Deserted1 Are you just going to run it the best of your ability within reason? or what? What does those 20 stops entail? Do you have to unload those stops? Thanks. TD.

8. Deserted1

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    well basically I did some more thinking on it and heres what im gonna do, I am bumping into two issues here
    1. is my 70 hour rule
    2. driving and unloading times

so I am starting my reset as of when I stopped last which was 8am this morning, that means at 6pm tommorow I will be 100% clear on the clock. The only issue I am having then is the fact its 2 hours time difference from my clock and ok time. which means when I can actually get there since im driving 6 to 3am, then 1pm to 9pm ish... I have to take another 10 hr break there, in ok at teh first stop area, but wont beable to move until 7am, which is 1 hour after my delivery time of 8am ok time.

I think I would rather be late for this one drop by 1 hour (says 8am appt time) then late for all the others that are on my list. I have a total of like 10-12 drops. all are furniture unloads. So hopefully not too bad.

I am just trying to do this to the best of my ability, I already confirmed that I could pickup on time but cant deliver on time (due to this one issue). The dispatcher knew going into this I only had 33 hours available on the 70 hr rule...

9. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Deserted1 Answer this for me. Thanks
    "Do you have to unload those stops? Thanks. TD. "
    [​IMG]

10. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    You might want to get yourself a dolly or something before you head out on that load, des1....I found the warehouse guys pack that stuff to the ceiling and it's rather a pain in the rear to try to unload it all with no dolly...I borrowed from the places I delivered to, but plan to get one on my truck before I head back out in 5 days.

I am so glad to be home....it's been a long few weeks with a couple of "repair days" here in SFS thrown in there. My last runs have been a furniture load with 3 stops in TX, a "beverage" load from TX to CO, a returns run from CO to UT (things called shells, the plastic thingys that hold 8 2liter bottles of soda, and a flour run from UT back to Socal. My truck is running crappy, especially at the higher altitudes, and you can imagine running the Rockies in a truck that doesn't want to pull hills and is getting such bad mileage that I am missing most of my routed fuel stops, having to stop in the middle and add extra fuel. I did speak with the guy in Missoula at the fuel desk and he said it's ok to add extra when I need to since it's a mechanical issue...
    I got to SFS after my unload today and went and talked to Art directly about it and hopefully they can get it straightened out. I have no illusions of making the fuel bonus, but would like to get better than 5.4/5.5 mpg....

So, I'll see all you crazy people in a few days

CAGEtrucker and Johnontheroad Thank this.
  11. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    More great info thanks guys. Watkins and Shepard is looking better and better.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.