Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    Feels good to be rolling again. Except I was told my load was a terminal to terminal. I made the mistake of not looking at the drop sheet, it had one drop along the way. Ouch.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mike_NC

Mike_NC Medium Load Member

Aug 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    I had that happen to me one time.:biggrin_2559:

4. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    I'm on a round trip from Billings to Texas and back....not bad, 3k+ miles for next week's payday!

Man, Texas is a big friggin state! Thought I'd never get out!

5. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    They do that to keep all the morons down in Dallas in there LOL... Notice how the stupidity is less when you get up north? HAHA So where you at exactly?

6. JerrytAZ

JerrytAZ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Hi All;

Whew! Finally got through all these posts. I am getting ready to go to ATI here in Phoenix, and have been all over this forum looking at different companies.
    I had pretty much narrowed it down to Crete, May, and W/S. I have to say that I am now going to get in touch with Roxy next week and see if she can send me some info on W/S.
    After reading through this thread, it looks like the company I will be most comfortable with. I really like the fact that they give you the 10 day intense training, and then get you out on the road. I just don't know how well I would do stuck in a truck with some guy I don't even know for 6 to 8 weeks, especially after some of the horror stories I have read here :biggrin_25523:.
    Question for the AZ guys. I will have to leave a car at the AZ terminal when I'm out since I'm single and have no on to pick ne up / drop me off. How is parking there, do they have any security?
    Thanks, I hope to be able to work with you guys sometime soon.

Cya'
    JerryT

7. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    jerryT Since I have been asked to be on the welcome wagon here on the forum, and not doing a very good job of it, I would officially like to welcome you to the forum, As far as you going to AIT may I ask you why you chose that school over the others here in the valley? I'm currently going to Glendale Comminuty College and am having the time of my life, I'm going into my 7th week(of 8) and am on the driving range, I would highly recommend you looking into this course rather then the over priced one you are currently going to, I can guarantee you a better education and almost guarantee you the very best instructor in all of the southwest if not the world, My instructor is the best I could have asked for. They are located right close to the AIT terminal as well(exactly 5 more blocks then to AIT. They are not located at the GCC campass they are at 59th Ave. and Buckeye in Phoenix, I'm not yet out on the road but If I was you I wouldn't be leaving the car at any terminal, I'm not sure if the W/S terminal here would allow you to leave a car there they are cramped for space as it is, I'm sure we can arrange to get you to the bus or plane once you finish your schooling, I hope you read thru most all the positive post here and if you have any questions feel free to ask, I'm sure you are familar with "CAGEtrucker" he is also from the Gilbert area, He has been out on the road with W/S a week or so now. I'm out west of town in Avondale, If there is anything we can do to help you please feel free to ask. Take Care be safe. TD.:biggrin_25514:

8. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    Jerry, I attended Western Truck School in Phoenix, old equipment but GREAT school it was 4 weeks and 3995. To answer your question the terminal manager will allow you to park your car at the terminal but as TD said he is cramped for space there. Right now I take my truck home as does my buddy who went to Western and also drives for W/S he lives in Flagstaff. There is no security there just chain link fence with barbed wire around the top with a lock that you have a code to get in.

9. JerrytAZ

Jun 16, 2010
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Thanks much for the welcome TD. I did not know that GCC held their course right by AIT. One of the reasons I didn't look closer at it is because of the distance from Queen Creek here across town. Do you know how often they start classes there, or have a contact number you could give me? I have heard that the CC's offer some very good instruction.

Thanks again.
    JerryT

10. JerrytAZ

Jun 16, 2010
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Hi Cage.
    Taking the truck home would be ideal, but I live in a development, and I doubt the HOA would approve of a rig in the front yard lol. Although, I will talk to them and see if there is a place they would be willing to let me put one within walking distance.
    Otherwise, since I live alone, I would have to have a vehicle where I parked the truck in order to get home.
    I'll have to check into a long term parking possibility somewhere closer to the terminal if I was to get in.

Thanks for the help.
    JerryT

11. CAGEtrucker

CAGEtrucker Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Somewhere, AZ
    You can park it at the terminal, trucks are in and out all day and night so it should be fine, the guy from Flagstaff has his 4 runner parked there for now.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.