Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.

JerryT here is the link:
    http://www.gccaz.edu/ttd/12678.htm

Phone numbers If you call the 3906 Number Eileen will help you out.

(removed phone numbers)

I'm not sure you can wait? The next course starts on Aug 17th, It will run for 8 weeks 4 in the class and 4 on the driving range, I would highly recommend this route to you, The instructors are the best around, I have heard and this is an unbiased opinion that they are the best around, I would highly recommend you go to the DMV website and download the CDL Manual and study it, because on the Wednesday of the first week you are going to be encouraged to go and get your driving permit, if you don't get it then they will ride you till you get it, We had 2 guys that flunked out of the course because they could not get their premits before we went to the driving range. The classroom course is stiff and very hit the subject and move on, There really isn't much time to go back over anything, Everything you learn in the class will be used on the driving range and of course as a driver on the road. If there is anything else you need you can email me at james605s@hotmail.com Take Care. TD.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JerrytAZ

JerrytAZ Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Thanks TD and Cage.
    I called GCC today and Eileen is going to send me out paperwork to check out / fill out. They are definitely less expensive. Hopefully I can get in the Aug 19th class.

I drove past the W/S lot yesterday as well. You're right, it isn't very big lol. I did see a couple of cars parked there though, so that is good to know. On truck in side, but didn't see the driver.

4. Unclehams

Unclehams Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I had a question, maybe it will get answered on this thread. I was told by the admissions person for trucking school that W&S encourages their drivers to take a pet along. Is this true? If so then they will be the first place I apply for!!! I plan to take a pet one way or the other.

5. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    OOOOPs, Mod, I'm sorry, I wasn't sure if I could put the numbers in there or not. I won't do that again, I will just send a PM and have them call me. Thanks. TD.

6. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    Lol the things people say. They dont encourage it but they do allow it, I think its a 500$ deposit though, and I for one and for that part. My Last truck had a dog in it (previous owner) I love dogs but when our animal is peeing all over the place in the truck, it tends to make it smell really bad..

7. pattie-o-toole

pattie-o-toole Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2010
    lyman, wy
    i have been following this thread for about a month and a half now. i am in my last week of school in SLC at roadmaster and even got a chance to talk to a w/s driver who stopped in, cant remember his name. i have looked at many other companies and so far am glad that i have picked W/S. My orientation date is Aug 2. i would love to get one closer but i am still in the guard so i have my 2week annual training that starts right after i graduate from roadmaster. Roxy has been great to work with and help me out along the way. i look forward to meeting some of you out there on the road.

any advice anyone wants to throw my way?

8. Warpdrvr

Warpdrvr Heavy Load Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Corona, CA
    Pay close attention to everything...and have a good grasp on backing and double clutching. I saw a guy sent home because he couldn't DC very well.... Also, use the student trucks every day including weekends as necessary. There are 2 that you can drive around the yard practicing shifting and backing....

In the category of useless advice, the hot deli at the local Wal Mart has all it's stuff half price after 7pm, so you can get some cheap chow.....

Oh, even though you are there for a job, try to enjoy yourself. Meet some of the drivers in the lounge and talk to them, most are more than willing to give good advice, as well as some crazy road stories

9. Deserted1

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    And turn every name tag you see in the halls upside down or just move them around. :)

10. Deserted1

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    BTW they now have 3 training trucks.. so make it more intersting, dock 2 of them in the yard then get another trailer and try to back between them like a truck stop... things get harrier when you loose that extra 12 feet of space. haha

11. pattie-o-toole

pattie-o-toole Bobtail Member

Jul 3, 2010
    lyman, wy

thanks warp, how are the clutches on the training trucks? i know the ones down here in SLC are horrible. even our instructors tell us that. i have the concept very well, but a few of the tucks here jerk even when the instructors drive. so i dont feel to bad when it feels the same when i drive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.