Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Raak

Raak Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Oh for sure on the warm clothes. I can only imagine how cold it gets there. I am from the UP of Michigan originally so I know cold weather. I talked to Missoula today and they told me about the co-sign deal. She said it should be no problem for me to get through the loan deal.

Now I just have to find myself a good laptop and get my AT&T Wireless card and I am set. I must have computer for those nights sitting in the truck with nothing to do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JonDC70

JonDC70 Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Watkinsville, GA
    I was a little concerned about the credit issue for the financing myself. They're just getting my paperwork today though, so I've got a few days before I find out.

As for the cold, we get pretty cold winters here...but that doesn't mean I'm used to it! Spent 6 years in south florida and Vegas after growing up here and since then, I just can't handle it the same!!

4. johnnypage

johnnypage Bobtail Member

May 2, 2007
    Unfortunately, I don't have too much in warm clothes - and its been HOT as hell here in S. Calif this summer. Its still around 85-90. I'll bring the basics I guess and then buy what I need in Missoula. It will be good to learn how to drive those beasts in bad weather I would think. There should be some snow in the mountains, and the chronic rain too.

I can't wait to get out of here and get started!

5. Raak

Raak Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Well good news. I just got the word from W/S that my student loan has been approved so I am good to go. They will be sending me the list of things to bring to school along with a bus ticket. Should get the ticket next week some time. They say that I should bring a bed roll or sleeping bag so that if I get my truck in Missoula after school I have blankets for the drive back here. :) makes sense.

She said definitely bring warm clothes to school. They have a couple of cars there to check out for after school activities. Gee I wonder what there is to do in Missoula besides hit the local pub? :biggrin_2554: We will be two to a room in the dorm. If the dorm is full then we get put up in a local hotel. Also two to a room. Class starts on Oct. 22nd and should get us out in time to drive home by Thanksgiving.

Make sure to have your learners permit! I have been doing the practice tests on the Schneider website and doing pretty well. I have the book from the DMV and reading that as well.

6. JonDC70

Sep 20, 2007
    Watkinsville, GA
    Congrats Raak and thanks for the info! I'm still waiting to hear myself. Hope to see you there!

7. johnnypage

johnnypage Bobtail Member

May 2, 2007
    So, is everyone ready to go? I'm all set, got my airline ticket and I guess I'll meet you guys real soon. Hope all is well w/ you Jon?

I'm soooo excited to get started

See ya soon
    Johnny

8. JonDC70

Sep 20, 2007
    Watkinsville, GA
    I'm good here...I think. The process is going so smoothly that I keep waiting for them to call me and tell me they made a mistake!!
    :biggrin_25521:
    I just took the physical/agility/drug tests on Tuesday, so I'm sure they have to wait for the drug test results to finalize things. I'm going in on Monday to get my learner's permit, but that won't be any trouble. I've been studying the manual for a few weeks now. So I'm almost ready!

You're flying in, eh? I was under the impression I would have to bus it out there, though I don't remember if I was told that by W/S or just read it somewhere on here. I hope I get a flight instead...it's an awfully long bus ride (1d, 21h)!
    :biggrin_2554:

Look forward to seeing you there though! Safe trip!

Jon

9. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    They will send you by bus or you can fly and they will reimburse you the amount of a bus ticket towards your airline ticket.

10. JonDC70

Sep 20, 2007
    Watkinsville, GA
    That's what I remember reading, thanks B-rad!

11. Raak

Raak Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    Yes that is exactly what they told me. You buy the plane ticket and they will reimburse what the bus ticket amount would have been. Though maybe due to distance they might make an other allowances. My ride is only one day so it is the bus for me.

Did any of you guys check out that list of suggested items to bring? You won't be bringing the tools on a plane that is for sure :) Try explaining to the TSA why you need that 30" crow bar. OR better yet the knife and the duct tape!! LOL

Only 10 days to go

Raak
    AKA Jeff

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.