Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. walstib

walstib Darkstar

>>>>Well unless you were training to find downd aircraft

That's probably true, I was only trained to keep them from going down! :biggrin_2559:

American-Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

I dont know of any companys that allow it, and I'm 99.99% were not allowed to carry, that being said there is no need to carry out here. The mob stopped hi jacking trucks a long time ago lol :biggrin_25525:. Just get yourself a nice (not a Truck stop cheapo) tire thumper they have a lead bar inside, all you gotta do is lightly knock someone on the head and there head will crack right open... So swing gently or like me...go for the leg broken leg hurts more then death, then you can laugh at them till the cops show up...:biggrin_2559:

Now for the good stuff...

In all seriousness theres no need to go out with a trainer, if you can drive and know where YOUR limits are then thats all you need. They'll teach you the everything you didnt learn in school in Orientation. The rest is just takeing your time and driving. There all always other W/S drivers you can call with questions 24/7 everyone of us here give out our numbers. It really isnt hard, it might seem it on your first solo load, but after that its like ok this is easy lol

I cant say much about wel all I know about them is there trucks are brand new and VERY SLOW!

I am very happy here and make plenty of money, and have been treated very well by everyone here at W/S.

You just need to decide what will fit your needs better...

Good Luck with whatever you choose!

American Trucker

4. Dr.Lou

Dr.Lou Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nevada
    Thanks for the great info. Tire thumper...perhaps I can find a good use for my ole PR24 side handle baton (aka Rodney King thumper) I'll be making a decision in the next couple days.

Doc

5. walstib

walstib Darkstar

>>>>In all seriousness theres no need to go out with a trainer, if you can drive and know where YOUR limits are then thats all you need.

This should be the first consideration...If you don't think you can go solo from jump street, write off WS...Not everyone can and it's not a negative or says anything bad about you if you don't think you can...Some don't prefer to learn thru trial by fire or from their own mistakes...

6. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

:biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559:

American Trucker

7. Dr.Lou

Dr.Lou Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nevada
    Walstib, I am sure I can muddle my way through it, but like in law enforcement those little mistakes can be costly.

8. Java Joe

Java Joe Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Most of the things you will encounter in your first few loads are pretty minor things and usually solved with common sense. But like others have said, with help from other drivers and some of the people at W/S, you will have plenty of support.

Usually the types of individuals that will need the assistance of a trainer are those that just can't seem to grasp the backing fundamentals and need the extended practice of going out with a trainer for several weeks.

9. LostOne9

LostOne9 Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Emerald triangle
    I coudn't back to save my life during the orientation, and I broke a glad hand from turning too sharp....lol. They still gave me a truck.:biggrin_2556: I've worked for three other companies since W/S and have never been treated better.

10. Dr.Lou

Dr.Lou Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nevada
    Confirm that W/S treated you the best?

11. LostOne9

LostOne9 Medium Load Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Emerald triangle
    Confirmed....W/S treated me the best!:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.