Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Java Joe

Java Joe Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    W/S will let you take the truck home... if you run flatbed :mwink:
    Also, from what I remember W/S had a better bonus structure.. up to $0.04/mi on ALL miles for fuel eff, etc. I think May was $0.03/mi on miles only over the 10k mark in a month

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    There's one in Vancouver.

Speedshift Thanks this.
  4. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    a few updates for the ttr w/s family...
    first, as for taking the trucks home... new policy...
    now, as long as you live NEAR a MAJOR city and have a SAFE SECURE place to park the truck you can take the truck home with you, understand the SAFE AND SECURE, that does not mean a truck stop, that does not mean a rest area, that does not mean a wal-mart, that does not mean a mall parking lot, that mean exactly what i said, SAFE**AND**SECURE...and youll need to provide proof of such location to the company....
    also, again, like i said, if you live close to any MAJOR city, you can now apply for a driving position at the company....

5. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

So....I live in Charlotte are you saying that I can now take my truck home????? If so who do I show proof of a safe location too? And I'm guessing you mean bobtail home right?

American Trucker

6. ExplorerInGA

ExplorerInGA Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Looks like bobtailing home is the only way. Crap. Well, that's still a nice policy, ya know?

7. Java Joe

Java Joe Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I would think in some cases they would probably want you to have a trailer, in case you had to go load in the opposite direction of the terminal.. but I haven't heard about the policy personally

8. 2021DREAM

2021DREAM Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Sutherlin, Oregon
    So...........these trucks you guys get into, how do ya' all like them when you get one? When you get that that truck, how's it expected to be maintained, cleaned when it's on the road so darn much?

Thanks.
    Mike

9. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

not for us in NC, anything going out from NC origionates from Conover. So no need for a trailer. I was asking because if your bobtailing you can go on line 1 instead of wasteing your hours...

American Trucker

10. American-Trucker

Nov 8, 2009

its your truck, if you want to live in a mess go for it lol. I cant stand haveing my truck all dirty and full of crap. But in the winter I wasnt wasteing $$ on truck washes just for it to be covered in salt 5 minutes later.

American Trucker

11. 2021DREAM

2021DREAM Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Sutherlin, Oregon
    AT, will alot of truck stops have cleaning facility's to utilize? Washing, vacuuming etc...

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.