Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Vickster O

Vickster O Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Awwww, thanks hon! ;) Just found out that the orientation is in Sayreville.... how often do you get to the terminal?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    vickster. you and ur husband will have an advantage running teams, they like teams, every company likes teams, and o.ops
    but one thing that i took notice while sitting at the pilot here.
    iv seen quite a few teams come in here, and they try and back into the spots. and then they give up. teams have the best advantage, they have someone els to get out and guide them in the hole,
    i no i no, teams are so one can drive and the other sleep, but usually teams pull in to shower at the same time.

4. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Yeah, it'll be helpful having someone to help with backing into the docks for sure! Bein' a total rookie, I definitely need the practice! And I know companies like teams.... more money for both the company AND the drivers! Win-Win situation there!

5. po_48843

po_48843 Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Perry, MI
    hey vickster, i am a small woman too and didnt have too much of a problem getting things done. I did have to ask a driver to help pull pin for tandems in which he did help as well as give me good info on how to do it myself if ever in that situ again. I always cracked up though every time i had to close the hood of the truck. woohoo, what a ride lol. anyway good luck to you and your hubby!

Vickster O Thanks this.
  6. Vickster O

Jan 10, 2009
    Henderson, TN
    Hey PO,
    Thanks for the note! Nice to know there's other small women out there too! When I was in school we trained on some pretty old trucks, and the king pin latch lever on one of em' was a ###### to pull out. Had to brace one foot on the wheel and give it almost everything I had! lol The guys made it look easy! Glad I'll be teaming with my hubby! I'll do everything I possibly can on my own, but having him there to help just in case will be reassuring.

7. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    how are the miles?? is picking up yet??? i havent heard anything bout the miles in a few weeks.

8. Java Joe

Java Joe Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    they seem to have been a little better after the holidays... I think I am getting around 2500-3000/week or so. Last load was from Helena to SLC. Short run but better than sitting for the weekend if you ask me.

9. red95king

red95king Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2007
    AZ
    Thats gonna hurt W/S if they fold.

10. Java Joe

Java Joe Light Load Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Yea, they definately had a lot of loads from them... Hopefully they can get another account to make up for it. This economy is rough.

11. red95king

red95king Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2007
    AZ
    Howz it working out for ya driving with W/S so far?

I drove for them in 2007. I liked it except too much fingerprinting of freight for an old fart like me. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.