Watkins shepard

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by sal, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Brickman81

Brickman81 Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Nope wasn't me, I'm over at Central Ref... But I'm happy to hear that somebody there is spreading the O&A virus.

If you ever see a white Central Volvo with the "WOW" stickers on both sides you found me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    haha ok, figured id ask, someone els im sure at w.s knows about it to haha
    ill look out for ya... where do you usually run?

4. Brickman81

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I'd say around IL 60% of the time. I'm sitting at the Sapp Bros. on I-80 right now, I think its at the 120 exit in PA. Qualcomm went off just as I pulled in that my appt. was reset for Sunday morning now... Looks like I'm going to get that reset I needed.

5. soon2betrucking

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    oh dang that sucks. well enjoy it out there... ill look for ya when get my truck back.

6. hicksie

hicksie Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Franklin, North Carolina
    Well guys after reading all this and looking it over i called w/s and talked to matt about a few things and i am waiting to hear back. bad things is with where i live i will have to leave the truck at dalton ga or hickory nc terminal depends on which one i get put in. i live over the 100 mile from terminal rule. but thats cool. other thing is with frieght slow he said they are telling prospects to expect to be out 3 weeks. not that you will be but you could be with things being slow. All in all he was super nice and answered all my questions and didnt laugh at my southern twang(lol) when i talk. said orientation would be in NJ. Gotta give him a call monday and see if he got my app. welp ill keep ya posted still one other place i am considering.

7. Brickman81

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    It does, but with the way things are right now I have kinda gotten accustomed to it. I just don't like being out east in the cold... or any cold for that matter.

8. soon2betrucking

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    haha, Hick, haha, sorry man., i couldnt help it hahaha.
    ok ok, i hope you get in with us here, good company to work for. someone posted a few pages back that watkins turned them away due to a low turn over rate right now, BUT from what i have heard, they are still brining on drivers that dont need to go into the 30 days school first. i could be giving out mis-leading information, but that what i have heard.
    i wish you luck on getting in with us here, and hope you make it.
    def keep us posted on how you make out here.

9. soon2betrucking

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    brickman, dont hate on our cold weather out here!!!:biggrin_25510:
    hows that sapp brothers?? i pulled into a few in the past, then pulled right out... they were not very nice looking, the rest area was a better choice

10. Brickman81

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Depends, the one here isn't the greatest. I really like the one in Peru, IL., its clean & the service in the BK doesn't hurt the eyes any.

11. Brickman81

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    I was about to switch over to Crete, but I have decided to stay put here until I get my full year in. My main choice's if I stay OTR is W/S or Crete. I would really like to just go local, but I don't think things will be getting much better by the start of May.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.