Watkins Wives

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by twodoves3492, May 31, 2010.

1. twodoves3492

twodoves3492 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2010
    So...My hubby is in Missoula to start his orientation. (My hubby is Ray that Cage talks about). So...Wives...how about we have our own little discussion about living life without the guys at home.

Im good so far...but he has only been gone 1 day. :) I miss him, but am getting to see him realize a dream. How about you ladies? Any advice for a new trucker wife?

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Hi, twodoves... and welcome to the forum! We have a great bunch of ladies here who are more than willing to offer both advice and support for new trucker wives. In addition to reading the trucking boards, please be sure to join us in The Ladies Room! We look forward to getting to know you!

twodoves3492 and kickin chicken Thank this.
  4. kickin chicken

kickin chicken Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    SC
    Hello TwoDoves3492:)

Welcome to the Site!!!
    As Ducks stated, please join us in The Ladies Room:)
    We look forward to posting with you!

twodoves3492 Thanks this.
  5. Deserted1

Deserted1 Medium Load Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Riverside, ca
    Im not a wife, I am a driver, however I can tell you from what ive gone though. My GF (together 4 years on the 11th of June) told me the first trip was the hardest, she still misses me after about a week but is getting better about it. You will be fine, just try not to cry over the phone to him, this makes our lives really suck. I know of one other driver who wanted to quit after 3 weeks because his wife and kids were crying over the phone to him. I am glad for him and his familiy, he stuck it out and I believe things are getting better.

kickin chicken and twodoves3492 Thank this.
  6. truckerdaddy24

truckerdaddy24 Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Avondale Az.
    Hi, We have not heard anything from you guys, how are things going? I'm not a wife either but wanted to ask. Take Care Be safe. TD.

kickin chicken Thanks this.
  7. twodoves3492

twodoves3492 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2010
    Sorry I havent written...its been a whirlwind here. Ray finishedvwell with CAGE and chose to come home for a couple of days. We had tons to do to get him ready for his truck. He left day before yesterday to hitch a ride from the Phoenix terminal to California and then was to go to Missoula to get his truck, but the other drivers truck needed repairs...so they sat at Freightliner all day and then got put up at a motel night before last. yesterday they sat at Freightliner again, so last night he came home for the night. (Yeah!!!) BTW...we only live 150 miles from Phx so it was easy for him to come home. He left about an hour ago back to Phx and they are going to the terminal in LA today and then he will most likely be going to Denver now to get into a newer truck then the one that was sitting in Missoula. So....the adventure is just beginning! :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.