We all like the current HOS

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by tucker, Aug 28, 2018.

Do you like the current HOS

This poll will close on Aug 28, 2028 at 12:22 PM.
  1. Yes

2. No

3. I'm too lazy to comment to the FMSCA

4. It won't help

5. They'll do what they want anyways

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 2old

2old Heavy Load Member

Jun 12, 2018
    OICeeee...so there will be discrimination.... I like that

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2old

2old Heavy Load Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Well I'm sure that the trucking companies rallied for that... they have to run their business profitably, and 2 drivers for 12 hours keeps things productive...

I wonder how lobbying for special consideration for one kind of trucker vs another would work out.....not

Just my opinion??

4. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    I like the airline pilots hours of service the best:

60 on duty hours per week. No more than 100 hours of flight time in 28 consecutive day period.

So why do they make so much money?
    It's because they are smarter than truckers. Instead of demanding longer hours, they demand higher pay per hour. I've seen captains making $250/hour.

How do they get away with this?
    Every time the companies tries to lobby to make the duty hours longer, the Airlines Pilots Association will raise the fatigue safety flag and prevent them from doing so. ALPA will then demand higher pay per hours for their pilots in the name of safety and fairness.

So why can't truckers do this?
    Truckers do not have an organization like ALPA. ALPA (Airline Pilots Association) has the individual pilot's interest in mind. As opposed to the ATA (American Truckers Association) which has the industry in mind.
    In other words, ALPA represents the employees, ATA represents the truck owners.

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Most of the commuter airline pilots barely make more than fast food workers.
    Only a few pilots make bookoo money

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  6. 2old

2old Heavy Load Member

Jun 12, 2018
    Oh geee... that makes me feel like flying.... Who'd a thunk?

7. TankerP

Oct 1, 2010
    Commuter pilots are feeder jobs. They are there to get their 1000 hours of PIC time in turbines so they can apply for the majors.

Tb0n3 and 2old Thank this.
  8. TankerP

Oct 1, 2010
    There are two routes to get to the Major airlines: American, Delta, United, UPS, FEDEX...etc.

The military route or the commuter route.

Edit* There is actually a third route, corporate flying.

9. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    There's also a couple million more people legally able (not necessarily qualified) to drive a truck, whereas the airlines put a high-priority on qualified. Supply and demand.

10. TankerP

Oct 1, 2010
    True, but the point I was making was proper representation. With proper organization amongst company drivers, we will see a better working environment where we don't have to work long hours for little pay. Unless of course, we as drivers enjoy long hours for .35 cents per mile then hey, whatever floats your boat right?

MBAngel Thanks this.
  11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Difference between truckers and pilots... When was the last time a load paid upwards of $50k and took only a few hours to deliver??

If I only worked 2 or 3 hours a day and only 2 or 3 days a week I'd want at least $250.00/hr. too!!! Not that all pilots only fly minimal amounts, but the point still stands.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.