"We Care Werner Cares" REALLY????

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by jwolfe, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Can I ask you a personal question? Are you a White guy living in Fontana?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DriveItUSA

DriveItUSA Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Denver, Colorado
    and who are these GREAT companies you speak of?

4. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I currently work for Werner.. there are a few things that just don't ring true... 1st, when you are held up in a hotel as long as you attend the 1/2 hour safety meeting every morning you get paid.. so, considereing you can be there a week, attend the mandatory saftey meeting mon - friday you get paid $400 for the 2 1/2 hours of safety meetings... of course, I would suggest being a little more proactive in your career and future and go about getting a trainer... and don't go whining to me that it is all in someone elses hands.. cause that is total BS...

Second, while Werner will allow you to go home during your training,, you lose you first load Bonus.. which for most is $500... so, enough motivation to just stick it out and go home at the end after collecting your bonus...

And, as for your truck.. Werner will get you to a terminal for repairs if you say there is a safety issue with your truck... I know, because both of my trainers sent a macro 24 and were imediately routed to a terminal for repairs and with much less serious issues than steering..

Now, I am not going to say Werner is a perfect company.. but, when I see obvious misconceptions in your story I am gonna call it out...

There are better companies than Werner.. there are also worse companies... I am pleased with my experience with Werner.. but, as stated and demonstrated I take accountability and charge of my own fate..

Tomorrow I begin the process of being assigned a truck.. and you can bet I will go over it with a fine tooth comb.. I don't care if it is cold and snowing.. I will be under that truck, under the hood, and will be thourough and complete.. if I don't like it i will reject it..

However, I should also mention, that my performance record so far has been very very good, which as you know you can keep tabs of yourself on the qualcomm.. and, having a good performance helps in being issued a better truck... why would they issue a newer truck to someone with a high over rpm %, or too many hard braking incidents... but, my performance has been above average and therefore I get offered a better truck..

So, if you really were issued a truck in the condition you stated.. your performace had to be pretty bad.. just sayin...

AfterShock Thanks this.
  5. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    yep.......

6. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Most LTL companies.

RizenPhoenix Thanks this.
  7. Hitchhiker

Hitchhiker Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Schneider is not usually called a 'bottom feeder'. But a friend of mine went through something very similar with them back in 2009. He kept telling the company the truck didn't maintain power. It was in and out of the shop, in and out of the shop. He had some close calls on the road. Another repair job. Finally, he was going up a hill someplace and the truck lost power, to the extent he started going backwards, and hit a truck right behind him. My friend had been driving just under a year, and he had started out with Werner, before switching to Schneider. After this experience, he left trucking for good. I felt he aged ten years during his short trucking career, which he began in his mid-30s. Not a dumb kid. There are thousands and thousands of decent people who could have been first-class truckers, and who took it in the chin over and over again, to 'pay their dues' - only to be hit the final time when they were down. The Trucking Industry - Experts at the 'Knock Out Punch'.

8. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    He could just refused to drive the truck before it broke down on the road....

DriverToBroker Thanks this.
  9. hobbes832

hobbes832 Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2014
    Hi guys. This is my first post here. I start my CDL schooling on the 17th and already have a pre hire for werner. I'm trying to get some more pre hires so i have more options and I'm also interested in the VA Apprenticeship program that some companies have such as TMC or Hogan. My question is if i go into werner, or any other company with a good attitude, knowing that they are bottom feeders and will probably treat me like crap. Will it make much difference with my FM. Also, if i refuse to drive in a situation like it op was. Will they try to fire me? I understand that these companies bottom line is the all mighty dollar. but so is mine. Also if any body has any info on these apprenticeship programs it would be greatly appreciated.

10. Lonewarrior

Lonewarrior Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dayton,Ohio
    I would not want to admit I worked for Werner two years....
    Did work there myself for 6 months...as new drivers have to bend over and grab their ankles to one of the top copy and paste cheap freight thieves...but on the very 6th month day...I quit and went to a driver temp company..
    To Werner...like many of these cheap freight companies....you are just a warm body..making them top dollar and you get Mc Donald's starting wages....
    I am not knocking Werner for making the bucks...because there are plenty of dummies out there that will take it in the rear and say to Werner "Thank you...may I have another"

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.