We should park our units

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by freight-time, Jan 11, 2018.

1. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    You can thank the megas with fake training programs for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    What I'm interested in knowing is are these rates & new corporate tax cuts going to filter down to the company drivers.

bzinger Thanks this.
  4. AZ Pete

AZ Pete Medium Load Member

Dec 27, 2017
    Probably none, because there would be no way to say NO. It would go back to the way it was before logs, drivers being coerced into cheating. "What? You want to only run legal? Well, heres 1000 miles for you this week."
    Nope. No way in hell is it a good idea to go back to paper. Every single reason given for going back is because you "can't make it legally" Well, what does that mean? Whats the difference between blog and paper if you are indeed "running legal"?
    Right........
    No, I will not shut down. Everytime a new reg comes along, or fuel prices go up drivers whine about shutting down.
    It never works.
    Run legal. Cant make it? Don't take it. Something happens along the way? Man up and tell em you aint gonna make it and why. They are gonna fine you? What man takes a load like that where he doesn't take into account something happening along the way?
    Oh, thats right, thats how its always been done. Ya. Cause the shippers and receivers OWN you. Now is your chance to finally be in control like you should. What do you want to do? Go back to being a slave of the shippers and receivers? SCREW THAT. Make THEM change their crooked ways. Then the entire industry will become better.

YoungTexasTrucker and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  5. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    I can see that. However, I went through a 4 week class at our local community college. Obtained my CDL and was hired by a mega. Spent 9 days on the truck with a "trainer" and soloed out, I've never looked back, no wrecks, no tickets, etc. Some of this stuff is just common sense. It's not rocket science. However, what I've discovered in this industry, on many levels, is that common sense just isn't that common ;-)

Justrucking2, spyder7723, NHS and 2 others Thank this.
  6. dc730

dc730 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Why would they . They go off duty on there elog at red lights 5min pre and post trips 30 min breaks while pumpin fuel

bigguns Thanks this.
  7. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    Well, I guess you can always dream ;-)

8. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    I heard it again today. Another person talking about another state’s situation with regard to elogs. Utter mass confusion. Too many systems. Too many computer programs. Utter mass confusion trying make this elog mandate fly. Expect a delay, postponement, the brakes put on. States are having too many problems trying to enforce elogs. What else would any sensible person expect? A program the government is in control of is going to take forever to get right, if ever.

9. Scooter Jones

Apr 19, 2011
    What? That's cheating! :)

10. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    I have "fond" memories of those bad old days. It's why I adopted e logs early.

11. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yep!

brsims Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.