WE to Colorado

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Gilpin, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Gilpin

Gilpin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Gilpin County, Colorado
    I am going to orientation to Nashville (flatbed) on 6-14-14 from Colorado. Does anyone know if I'll be staying out west or running east?

mje Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jerseyguy71

jerseyguy71 Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2013
    plainfield,nj
    they run 48 in that div..but considering where you live they may keep you west

Gilpin and mje Thank this.
  4. Gilpin

Gilpin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Gilpin County, Colorado
    Thanks jerseyguy! That's kinda what I was thinking but to be honest I don't care where they send me. It would be cool to run east just for the experience but hey I'm cool with where and what ever :)

mje Thanks this.
  5. jerseyguy71

Jun 16, 2013
    plainfield,nj
    read all you can on them b4 you go...98 % of what you will read is true

mje Thanks this.
  6. Gilpin

Gilpin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Gilpin County, Colorado
    Yea I have been doing that. WE is a huge company. There are always going to be pissed off people for 1 reason or another. The internet is a great place for people to vent. People rarely post anything on the net that is a positive experience. WE, from my understanding has over 2500 tractors, that's a lot! Out of 2500 there 300 pissed of people. Statistically speaking that is not a bad number. If I worked for them right now I would either be running my ### off or sleeping. I would not have time to be posting posts here if that makes sense.

mje Thanks this.
  7. jerseyguy71

Jun 16, 2013
    plainfield,nj
    more then 300 pissed but western is their only hope for now so they deal with it...just so you dont have to guess when you will be routed home..go read the hometime is a priviledge thread....that was said by a female dm @ the nazareth,pa yard..i got the call about it after i left the yard i started to go back to give her a piece of my mind but figured why bother i knew my time there was coming to an end

mje Thanks this.
  8. jerseyguy71

Jun 16, 2013
    plainfield,nj
    go to a company that respects & cares for their drivers(or at least acts like it) all the perks at we are for everybody but the drivers you will be treated like the scum of the earth at shippers/recievers and god forbid you cant make it to a truck stop & you go to 1 of the yards...as soon as the safety personel come in they start shooing you all off we property unless you have 1 of the eye sore tractors that always needs repairs

Luv2Truck256 and mje Thank this.
  9. Gilpin

Gilpin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Gilpin County, Colorado
    Brother, it is what it is. I hope to find a "home" but the reality is, it's a stepping stone to another. If they treat me good, great! If not, there a ton of opportunities once I have recent verifiable experience.

Chinatown and mje Thank this.
  10. jerseyguy71

Jun 16, 2013
    plainfield,nj
    that's true we all had to get our lumps somewhere...hang in there long enough to get the verifiable exp & run like h$ll

mje Thanks this.
  11. Gilpin

Gilpin Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Gilpin County, Colorado
    It's a #### ton easier to walk in this with your head high and understand what can, what should and what's really gonna happen. Again, I hope to find a home but the reality is, it's not. It's a mutual agreement. And when the time is right ill move on or stay. I hope for the latter but it is what it is. I fly out next weekend to Nashville. I am fortunate that I can afford to fly and not take a bus for a day and half. If anyone has good or bad from recent experiences I'd love to hear about it.....thanks

mje Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.