Webasto Heater Problem. Help?...

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by hiallz, Oct 22, 2011.

1. fusofh

fusofh Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2013
    i bought a truck with webasto cooler but the small container mounted outside is embty , do i fill it with coolant?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.
    For my Espar ive been told by Thermoking to run the unit a few times per winter and at the end of heater season on straight kerosene to burn the carbon out.
    I buy a gallon jug of kerosene tie it up under the sleeper and run a 1/4 inch gas line from the fuel pump long enough to reach the bottom of the jug and run it overnight...i know that wont help you now but could help you prevent future problems

4. whprsnpr

whprsnpr Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Lake Arrowhead California

Just had a tech look at my 2000st heater, found that the control unit, (THE BRAIN) if you will, was dysfunctional.
    Called Webasto, got a part number, found a dealer, got the price, $565.00 plus had to wait a week for the part to ship.

I'll idle my truck...

I am very frustrated, seems we are sitting ducks for repairs and service.
    Like we make millions driving these rigs.

5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada

6. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I just started getting code f12. I've tried pulling the fuse to reset it, a couple times. But every time, when you turn the knob on, it immediately goes into fault mode. Any ideas?

7. northernhopper

northernhopper Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2015
    isanti mn
    Ive got espars. Asuming close to the same design, ive rebuilt mine. Very easy to work on. A few weeks ago bunk heater wouldnt start. Fan came on. Tried to ignite. Shut down. Problem was exhaust broke off to close to the unit and fresh air intake was sucking in exhaust. Not enough 02. Napa stocks 1 1/8 flex exhaust. 3 bucks i think.

tucker Thanks this.
  8. TheLittleGuy

TheLittleGuy Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks. Didn't have enough winter treatment in the fuel. Failed to start 3 times, so it threw code f12. Had to pull fuse while unit was switched on, then shut it off b4 plugging fuse back in. That wiped the codes and reset it. It's working fine now.

9. Relentless

Relentless Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2016
    I am getting 3 flashes followed by 6 fast flashes. it will turn on and work for a while but then it just blows cold air.
    Just bought this truck and it -27 out at night. Any ideas?

10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I don't know about the flashes but i know if it gets too cold the fuel will gell. Them bunk heaters don't run very thick fuel lines. So it don't take much to gell. If you're hanging out in extreme cold. Be good idea to use some type of fuel additive to prevent gelling.

I've had a few nights where i had to idle the truck because the bunk heater didn't work. The next night it would work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.