Week One at Central Ref...(woman's perspective)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by techiekate29, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Yogi4

Yogi4 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Carmichaels, Pa
    I just wanted to say that back on page 6 when techiekate gave the list of things to bring, she stated Purel 3-in-1 laundry sheets. I was looking all over for that stuff but finally found it. Unless it's under that name out west, I went to Wal-mart and found the Purex 3-n-1 sheets. I'm sure it's just a typo... but to make sure your not chasing the wrong thing like I did... look for Purex 3-n-1 sheets.

techiekate29 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Oscar

Oscar Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Andice, TX
    Techiekate, are you going to be there on the 27th? I'll be flying in that morning.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  4. Yogi4

Yogi4 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Carmichaels, Pa
    Wow your flying in Oscar?? I'm busing it. What time does your plane get in because we have to be there by 7 am on Monday.

5. Mountain Spirit

Mountain Spirit Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Denver, Colorado
    Yeah, I went and got my Colorado MVR and it was clean (God only knows how that happened) - cost me a couple of bucks - but it does not show CA. CA MVD wants me to send in a set of finger prints, 4-6 weeks and then they will send it to me - I think it is about $10.00. Money is not a problem, but 4-6 weeks!!

So I told May that I really did not know what was on my MVR - to my knowledge, it should be clean, but if the lawyer didn't do his job, only the State of Cali knows for sure.

You guys and your fabric softener - I lucky if I can figure out where to put the soap!! I sure am going to miss the laundry being done for me. I know that I will not be able to be out for three weeks without doing laundry - in that big condo the stench would kill me off. Maybe I can tie the dirty clothes off in one of them press and seal bags? Now there is a thought.:biggrin_25525:

6. JESSICA1227

JESSICA1227 Bobtail Member

Jul 22, 2009
    pocatello,id
    so how long until you can have a rider with you i heard right after you get done with a trainer is this true

7. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Yep straight after you upgrade as long as the paperwork is done!

8. ChipperDawg

ChipperDawg Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Lehi, UT
    Mountain Spirit,
    As soon as I finished application and called and expressed interest... they pulled my MVR. I knew it was clean (never even been pulled over). And a few days later she agreed with me. So I know they have already pulled my MVR... and i can't imagine they haven't pulled yours.
    If they've okayed you... then your mvr is probably nothing to worry about.

Anyway, see ya'll on the 3rd of Aug! I'll be joining you... unless my BP doesn't come down. (it hasn't been high, ever, until a few days ago. lol... what the luck)

Landon

9. Oscar

Oscar Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Andice, TX

I get in Sunday morning. They said to call and they would pick me up, don't know what happens after that. Didn't really want to sit stuffed into a Greyhound bus for 2 days.

10. Oscar

Oscar Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Andice, TX

Actually flying in on the 26th. Just noticed that on my other post.

11. Yogi4

Yogi4 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Carmichaels, Pa
    Yeah same here Oscar about 10am on the 26th. I leave tonight and I can't find a duffel bag anywhere. Walmart only has them online according to there website. Well they do have two but they are waaay too small. Might have to cram everything into a garbage bag. Other than that I'm ready to become a sardine tonight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.