Week One at Central Ref...(woman's perspective)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by techiekate29, Jul 12, 2009.

1. youngblood24

youngblood24 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Colorado Springs CO
    they put you the wonderfull grayhound

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. techiekate29

techiekate29 Light Load Member

May 27, 2009
    Michigan City, IN
    Technically DOT allows you to have pets. Central does not unless you worked for them and had a pet prior to 2006. Its a safety issue. I guess they had problems with preventable accidents that were possibly cause by pets. Tony, the head of the school, told me that they had a company driver that actually cut out holes in the seats of the bunk and let his dog AND cat just go under there and do their business. He didn't even have a litter box for the cat and he rarely cleaned it out apparently. So they did away with their pet policy.

One of the other things is that some animals get scared riding in the truck because of all the noises so if they didn't grow up in that environment, they could get scared of something and could potentially run up under your legs trying to find comfort which could hinder your driving.

Hope this helps!

Mooniac Thanks this.
  4. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    One thing Yogi, you will need a trainer with a power inverter for your CPap machine!

5. youngblood24

youngblood24 Light Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Colorado Springs CO
    pets is a dont ask dont tell thing, techiekate their gunna ask you monday if you have a problem with a male trainer, if it is a problem you might have ti wait for a female trainer awhile as there are'nt very many

Mooniac Thanks this.
  6. Yogi4

Yogi4 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Carmichaels, Pa
    From Pittsburgh it's $202 for a bus, $240 to fly and amtrak was almost $400. I'll just bus it as money is very tight right now. Yeah I'd love to ride a train like you said but it's just too much. Hey orientation pay... that'll work. My recruiter said nothing but my start date so I know I'm missing alot of info. Ok, off to bed, some people have to get up in the morning and go to work (me). Oh and thanks for the reply techiekate and Jess!! Nite.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  7. Yogi4

Yogi4 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Carmichaels, Pa
    Jess, could I request a trainer that has one?? I'm sure I'm not the only one that uses a Cpap.

8. techiekate29

May 27, 2009
    Michigan City, IN
    Yeah...my background is in Carpentry/Welding. I don't have any issues with having a male trainer. I actually get along much better with guys then I do with girls. I have always had only a couple girlfriends and bunches of guy friends. I'm not worried about it. But thanks for the advice! :biggrin_25525:

9. jess-juju

jess-juju Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2008
    Shelbyville TN
    Yep Yogi you can request a trainer with a power inverter!

10. techiekate29

May 27, 2009
    Michigan City, IN
    Day14 (Sunday): Today was our second day off. We had to work on our Fictional Trip plan that takes us from Averill Park, NY to San Diego, CA. It was actually a bit of a challenge to get it all work out without a 34 hour reset, but we pulled it off. We ended on the 8th day with 69.5 hours worked. So we get to take our 34 hour reset in San Diego! I'm totally fine with that, trust me :) Lol! I would have loved to take this 3,300+ mile run.

Anyway, tomorrow we start orientation. No more hot-### afternoons on the asphalt driving range for this girl! :) We're apparently gonna start working on learning the QualComm and watch some videos. But the rumor is that we only have to be there for half days now instead of the dreaded 9.5 hours, so that's pretty awesome.

I'll be sure to let y'all know how orientation goes and what its all about.

Be safe out there!

11. Oscar

Oscar Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Andice, TX
    I'm starting on the 27th of this month and I am curious about something you said in your first post. What was the reason so many people didn't make it past the test? I have nothing wrong in my background or job history. Until I was laid off, I was a pipefitter for 15 years so the physical part shouldn't be a problem. Just wondering what happened. I think my wife is using me as a ginuea pig because she wants me to see how it goes and then she may try.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.