Week one at crst

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by sassy_southern_trucker, Dec 28, 2016.

1. sassy_southern_trucker

sassy_southern_trucker Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2016
    blue ridge, Ga
    I have officially been here for a week. I am doing awesome as well. I wanted to make this post just to show all the haters that a positive attitude can create a positive experience. So here's how its gone so far.
    Day 1: I arrived late after having a layover or two from bad roads. So my first day here I got settled in and slept. Pretty good so far.
    Day 2: I started my day with my drug test and dot physical. After this it was time for lunch. I didn't eat because I wasn't hungry. But after this, I went to permit class where we went over all three sections of the test. The instructor was amazing. Giving us tips to help us remember things. Around 4 class was dismissed and I went back to my room and went to sleep.
    Day 3: so on Wednesday it was time to see what I was made of, I took my permit test at 11 and passed all three. After I passed I was dismissed from class for lunch and I spent the rest of the afternoon studying pretrip because I didn't have to go back to permit class.
    Day 4: this day was easy all I had to do was check into class at 8 am. And the rest of my day was free so once again I studied my pretrip.
    Day 5: was the same as day 4.
    Day 6: my first day at NADTA and all we did was watch videos learn about backing. At 11:45 it was lunch time. After lunch more videos a few quizzes. Small breaks were provided during class.
    Day 7: was CHRISTMAS!!! so no school that day.
    Day 8: my day started at 5:30, I had class at 7 am. We spent the first half in the classroom and the second outside. Once outside we did our agility test our pretrip and backing and road test. I practiced pre trip and backing. Which, I SLAYED.
    Day 8: more of the same of day 7. However I'm held up on getting proof of name change with a marriage certificate. Which means I have an extra week to study it. Good luck to anyone who wants to come here. My advice is stay studying even when you aren't in the class, every little bit helps. Stay positive and stay focused.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Reason for edit: Misspall
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Good deal! I wouldn't really say haters just posters looking to help you with a better company out there. I will say a big difference in companies is what one makes of them though that's not always the case.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Mike2633, CHHALL3, AtticusRoad and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Get out now. EVERYONE HATES CRST who works there. there's a manditory 6 months you have to team drive with someone only making like 350 a week. I used to change tires at loves. Every CRST hated it. Trust me. Anyways I'm about to upgrade to my very own truck after less than 3 month total with prime inc. There the best highest paying school out there for new drivers. Call them trust me.

Friday and milehunter43 Thank this.
  5. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    For training you 700 week minimum

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You missed the boat on the other thread about different companies etc. Fairly long as well.

When are you going on your own?

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  7. sassy_southern_trucker

Nov 30, 2016
    blue ridge, Ga
    I would have to say that starting out it's now how much you make but how much experience you gain. Becoming a company hopper will not get me good experience. Also it's 10 months that you must drive for them. One with a lead driver and 9 months with a co driver.

akfisher and Ooops Thank this.
  8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow you have to team the entire 10 months?

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I would not trust someone that is still learning when my well being is on the line also!

10. sassy_southern_trucker

Nov 30, 2016
    blue ridge, Ga
    Yeah basically. You do 28 days with a lead driver the rest with a co driver. It pays .25 a mile and you split the miles

11. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    I'm glad your first week went great... nobody said there was anything wrong with the training. They warned you about the company itself when you're a company driver it wasn't the greatest pay, respect, or working conditions ...

I hope your positive attitude continues after you're a company driver and you can bring back some positive experiences. I think at that point maybe people will believe you.

In Trucking that's what matters is how your company treats you, if they respect you, if they respect your time, if they care that you are making enough money to survive, and if you're fairly compensated.

Not how well they are when you're training and still barely getting your feet wet .

sassy_southern_trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.