Week one at crst

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by sassy_southern_trucker, Dec 28, 2016.

1. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Georgia has a WIA program for returning people to work. Check with the employment office.

Millis and Roehl both have terminals in the Atlanta area. Both have schools and both are good companies.

sassy_southern_trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    I just hope this opened your eyes. Because in your original thread you were more than stubborn you were borderline crazy in your undying devotion to this crappy company that you "researched."

Even offering to pray for people when they gave you legitimate advice.

Not surprised and won't be surprised when this happens again.

4. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD
    People seem to forget that Sassy stated she had limited choices. That CRST was the only (if I recall) company that provided training that accepted her.

So she tried to be positive. She gave it a shot, and can't be blamed for such. It didn't work out and I see so many of you coming back here to be the "I told you so" people.

Reminds me daily why I come to this site less and less and instead peruse others.

If not for people like Chinatown, Big Don and a few others, I wouldn't be coming here at all. Because of these attitudes.

But hey, you go ahead and make yourself feel superior because you were "right".

Ed

5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Not true before the cdl is issued you can leave

6. Duurtipoker

Duurtipoker Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Hagerstown, MD

Just throwing this out there but.....if my math is correct you did 4-5 weeks in the school. I assume you drove during this time. Are you comfortable enough to just go to your local DMV and take the driving test?

As far as I know, you don't absolutely HAVE to go to a driving school to get a CDL. If you've studied the material and are comfortable driving.... I guess the one stumbling block would be having access to a truck for the test.

Yes I know a lot of companies won't hire you without having an actual school certification. I'm just wondering if it might streamline the training process if you go to another company even with a brand new CDL.

Ed

7. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    She can get her permit and hazmat test done, needs a truck forthe drive, this being said, the schools around so cal will for a fee let you us there truck , like Dootson truck for instance, then yes shes ahead of the game also the mega carriers will hire without a contract.

8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Not if the contact was signed first

9. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Part of the contract is obtaining the lic, does not matter at this point. But I pulled my son from England no payment , no lic

10. sassy_southern_trucker

sassy_southern_trucker Light Load Member

Nov 30, 2016
    blue ridge, Ga
    You don't sign the contract until you are get the license and go through orientation

11. Powder Joints

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    England may have been different same end he was able to move on

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.