Week two almost down

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Charlyb715, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    I'm on my last load of my second week driving for Averitt. Well here I am taking my 10 only 3 hours short of making it home. Long wait this morning to unload screwed me. Have to say I was a little disappointed my first week out with only 1600 miles but I learned a few lessons. Got the Qualcomm down...kind of. Got the paperwork down for the most part. Most importantly though always call and see if you can load or deliver early. All the bs on the load messages about no early drops is exactly bs. Got to Fulton GA 4 hrs before my clock ran out the night before a 6am delivery time about 30 minutes away from the SVC. Was told CAN NOT DELIVER EARLY but don't be late either. Show up at 0600 the next morning only to find it's a 24 hr drop yard and they don't care if you show early. Since my next pickup wasn't till 1500 that afternoon, wasted day. Due to learning from last week I am setting on 3012 miles this week from Sunday night at 10pm till what will be Saturday morning at 2am by the time I pull into the yard.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.