Weekend school Orlando FL area

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Chepe78, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Here's a post from a Florida driver about Leonard's Express
    @xlsdraw
    Update time. Here's loads 11 through 17:

11) Wilsonville, OR to Clackamas, OR to Auburndale, FL/home to Boca Raton, FL. (3,276 miles).

12) Boca Raton, FL to Auburndale, FL/reset at home to Lake Wales, FL to Hopkins, MN. (1,831 miles).

13) Hopkins, MN to Gaylord, MN to Woodburn, OR. (1,820 miles).

14) Woodburn, OR to Scio, OR to Woodburn, OR to Caldwell, ID/shop to Metairie, LA. (2,627 miles).

15) Metairie, LA to Geismar, LA to Inver Grove Heights, MN. (1,245 miles).

16) Inver Grove Heights, MN to Eau Claire, WI/shop to Gaylord, MN to Auburndale, FL/home to Ocoee,FL to Auburndale, FL/home. (1,888 miles).

Home 6 days for Thanksgiving.

17) Auburndale, FL to Jacksonville, FL to Champlin, MN. (1,722 miles).

14,409 miles for that 7 trip block. Average trip length 2,058 miles.

Brings my overall average for my first 17 trips to 1,809 miles average.

I did find out that detention starts at 2 hrs past appointment time and is @ $16 per hour.

Also, for my $2,000 sign on bonus. Got first $500 after my first load. Got second $500 after 30 days. Got third $500 after 60 days. I assume that the fourth $500 will be after 90 days.

And orientation pay was $400.

When I'm empty in the morning in Champlin, MN, I head to Le Sueur, MN to pickup headed back to Woodburn, OR.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chepe78

Chepe78 Bobtail Member

Nov 30, 2021

Thanks for the valuable links, will be checking into those.

I did checked into Better Roads and found terrible feedback, reviews for that school.

Will make a few calls today

Thanks again!!!

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Posts #3, #4, and #7 have schools that you can attend and keep you current job while attending.
    Valencia College is probably the cheapest. Most colleges have excellent CDL programs.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  5. VinceBlack

VinceBlack Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2021
    The Badlands
    If you haven’t found a place yet I can recommend a school about 2 hours from Orlando, but Suncoast Trucking Academy in Punta Gorda does weekend training. They’re a 160 hour school and I did a full writeup on this forum about them last month. I’m on my mobile right now and can’t link to it but you can check my post history. Even if you don’t go there that thread has all the info about getting your permit and everything in FL before you go to school. Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.