Weight loss

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by tmb0507, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Russjac

Russjac Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I don't substitute anything for sugar, I just found I feel better without putting several packets of it in my coffee, and grabbing that pastry with my coffee. I just put that french vanilla stuff in my coffee, which I had already been putting in, in addition to the sugar. I also love those flavored almonds they are selling in the truckstops now.
    I am not saying everyone should do this, but if you look at your daily eating, there is probably something you eat every day that you wouldn't miss if you stopped eating it, or ate less of it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    The secret to good nutrition is to invest in your well being and to have a plan. Get educated on nutrition. Exercise is ok but no good if you don't feed your body with good quality foods and the right foods. You've got to cut down the carbs/sugar to virtually nothing. That includes sodas. I can't remember the last time I drank a soda, it's years. I drink plain water that's it. I eat plenty of good quality meats, fish, veges and a ton of fresh fruits everyday but no potatoes, pasta, rice bread or cakes.
    but it does help that I have a fridge and a freezer in the truck so I can cook great meals and don't have to eat that garbage that truck stops offer. Western diets are full of sugar and that is why obesity and diabetes is at epidemic levels.
    time to change guys.

4. dude6710

dude6710 Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    I bring quite a lot of things for my "lunch" every day.

cheese its - individual bag
    ritz bits - individual bag
    fruit roll up
    cinnamon toast cereal bar
    Kiebler cheese and peanut butter crackers
    DIET dr pepper
    lays original potato chips - individual bag
    sometimes I'll bring a low fat brownie or a piece of bread with 5 slices of hard salami.

I'll eat a regular dinner with a 1/2 lb of meat with a side of rice/potato and corn.

Add a few more snacks like popcorn and that's my day.

I don't have to eat junk, veggies fruit or a salad to eat kinda healthy.

5. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    That is not even close to healthy.

If you were to drive a healthy lunch, you failed the pre-trip 100%

You want a good lunch.

Turkey wrapped in lettuce.
    Piece of fresh fruit.
    Water.

Snack on some raw nuts. Almonds, filberts etc... Nothing salted or flavored.

Mikeeee

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  6. dude6710

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    It's better than eating at mc Donald's every day. Pounding down a Big Mac and medium fry all at the same time feels amazing after being bloated. Plus it takes me a full 12 hours to finish all my lunch. That is if I even eat it all.

i still don't eat more than 2400 calories in a day. And I'm out of the truck all day long cranking trailers d&h. I still eat healthier than most.

7. Pmracing

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Calling that lunch "healthier" is like saying "I smoke way less cigarettes than some other guys".

Mikeeee

"Hang - Man" Thanks this.
  8. dude6710

Mar 26, 2010
    MN
    yes I'm sure.

9. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    read the ingredients on that stuff.... you can fine tune what you put in your body by substituting

10. Pmracing

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    If it comes in a shiny tinfoil-ish bag, it probably is not healthy.

Mikeeee

11. susitna1

susitna1 Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Washington State
    I'm not on the road yet and this is something that worries me if I go into this line of work. I hate eating out because it's so expensive and unhealthy. A few years ago, I had to lose about 35 pounds. I did it by eating only lean meats (chicken breast, tuna, round eye steak, roast beef) and vegetables. I threw in some nuts for snacks but you have to be careful on the fat content of nuts. I used to hate eating vegetables.

I had a rule that I followed and it worked for me. I only ate it if it came out of the ground or had a mother. No processed food what so ever.

I dropped the weight pretty quick and went from having high BP to normal range. My heart rate lowered and I slept better and needed less sleep at night.

I don't know how I am going to incorporate that eating style while on the road but I hope it's possible.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.