Weird dreams, drifting thoughts.

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by cabwrecker, Sep 1, 2013.

1. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    Some things we can figure out on our own but sometimes it is good to ask someone else who may have a better idea.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Privy

Privy Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Sierras ,CA
    I'm trying to find the right time to also bail from ffe I have about 13mths in so far and want to get out of here without them screwing with me.I have had dreams about getting in wrecks or getting red tagged at the scales and always thinking now I'm screwed and stuck here at ffe before I have a chance to leave and drive for someone else.

Call it paranoia or whatever but I just want to get out of here with a clean record and move on to I hope a better driving job.

4. Mississippi Medicineman

Mississippi Medicineman Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2013

I just left FFE, and the "nightmares" it entailed.
    It's a good bet we know each other IRL.

All I can offer is the same "diesel in your blood" tthat was already given, and the assurance that your dreams and memories CAN be replaced with new ones you enjoy better in "re-runs".

I too went back to school after 10 years OTR, and was only off road for 8 years before I came back.
    Maybe it's your subconscious trying o tell you something ???

Who knows.
    But I hope you the best.

5. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012

Possibly a good chance, are you Army Kevin? I know he's from Mississippi.

I ended up going to a counselor and she gave me a load of crap about positive thinking, and "adjusting the sails on the ship of your life."

What really cheered me up? My buddies took me to a federal firearms licensed range and we rented some full auto browning's, and some bushmasters.

That and a lot of other little projects have made me feel a lot better, I still have a lot of drifting thoughts. I'll go down a road in my county for local pickups and it will remind me of a road I was on in Beardstown, IL or something like. I almost kind of enjoy them now.

Just re-learning how to live at home is a chore, though.

6. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012
    If anyone was curious how this wrapped up? Yeah, I'm hitting the road again come the end of July.

Jesus I hate local work. "How much could it suck?" Yeah, it could suck worse than a 12 hour detention period.

Miss ya`ll! I'm comin back! Watch your #####! (No, seriously, I've not backed a regular 53' in a while, watch your ###...48' spread's aside...IT'S A DIFFERENT BALL PARK, LEAVE ME AND MY INCOMPETENCE ALONE.)

7. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    When you're a truck driver, exposed to a dangerous job 70 hours a week, it will affect your psyche now and in the future.

If you work in the oil fields it's even worse, I still get nightmares from time to time

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.