Weird electrical issues still happening

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Irishblood_83, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Irishblood_83

Irishblood_83 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2021
    I really appreciate the feedback. I'm going to get it in the shop asap and maybe make a suggestion as about the sSam to start with and just see what happens.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I experienced the same wacky issues with my tractor dome light. Fortunately, it hasn't acted up in a while.

But if your cruise control quits working, it's probably the brake switch.

4. E model Cat man

E model Cat man Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Northern Maine
    Its your PBDM I Believe is the name for it...the power disconnect switch controls this and sometimes they bother. The whole deal with the wipers going on their own is a associated indicator of the PBDM Being defective. Its on the firewall under the hood on the driverside.

5. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Wrong.
    Go ahead and look up some wiring diagrams and SHOW me how that is even remotely a problem. Do you even know how a wiper motor works? Do you even know if the OP's truck even has a PNDB (which you clearly don't know the correct acronym for)?

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  6. Coal Region Deplorable

Coal Region Deplorable Light Load Member

I could be wrong because lemon laws go state by state, but in most States lemon laws do not apply 2 commercial motor vehicles. I know here in Pennsylvania for sure that the lemon laws don't apply.

From what I understand there are legal ways to get compensated for the problems, but nothing easy and cut and dried as a lemon law.

Something to think about before you buy a new truck I guess

7. Flankenfurter

Flankenfurter Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    USA
    This might help with ideas Car Won’t Start But Lights Come On?
    Cars, vans, buses, tractors, race cars and motorcycles all have electrical issues. Try searching using other keywords like symptoms, stuff, thing, blinky etc.

I actually had a similar problem with my windshield wipers going on. It had something to do with the security system in my car. Can't remember how it got fixed.

8. Irishblood_83

Jan 11, 2021
    An update on the electrical issues. So probably close to almost a week now, all the electrical issues I was having stopped until just now. The only thing that's changed is, it's gone from 40s to mid 20s this morning. I suspect the cold is playing a part in whatever is happening. Do you think that could go hand in hand with the Ssam cab having a bad power or ground Rocketyman? Now that i think about it, it's been super cold since I've had the truck at the beginning of January. I could be just imagining it but I'd imagine the cold is hard on trucks in general. I appreciate any help, ty guys.

9. RocketyMan

RocketyMan Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2015
    @Irishblood_83 did you have the dealer look at that service solution like I mentioned earlier? Did they inspect all other grounds? Like the one directly under the cab...those related items.

10. Irishblood_83

Jan 11, 2021
    I haven't got to see them yet, mostly because the problem stopped, but also to be completely honest, my experience with getting freightliner to duplicate a problem has been a waste of time and money. Of course it would suck to have to be towed but I guess I'm willing to take that risk. All in all the truck is making money, so if I have to deal with this until maybe I take home time then so be it.

11. Overtrucks

Overtrucks Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2022
    New zealand
    In a freightliner. When the high beams are on the dash board lights and gauges play up like you have just put the key on and the truck is going though its pre check. And the voltage meter keeps on dropping.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.